Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shout-Out Part X

Abbey: Another serendipitous friend! Abbey also lived in our neighborhood in Jenks, but for some reason, we never really “made time” to get to know one another very well at that point in time. Shortly thereafter, Abbey and her husband moved to Kansas City. 6 months later, Mike took a job there as well. After looking at 137 houses (give or take) ALL OVER KC (both the Kansas AND Missouri sides), we found one… about 4 blocks from Abbey’s new house!!! So once again, we were neighbors, but this time we “bonded” for real.

Abbey is exactly how you would imagine the former president (or some important office like that) of a sorority to be—bubbly, bubbly, bubbly. Only not annoying. Or fake. She is totally a girl’s girl, definitely NOT a “shine-brighter.” Her social calendar makes my head spin, but I envy it. She GETS ME. My favorite thing about Abbey is our conversation—it is constant banter, back and forth, without taking a breath. We never run out of things to talk about! Before I had Brax (at which point the hours in my day were decreased from 24 to somewhere around 16… on a good day) we were regulars at the gym together. Now we have playdates any chance we get! (She has a son that is 6 months younger than Brax.) Every once in awhile I am able to get out for lunch or shopping (Target is dangerous), and these outings are SO precious to me! I know that after just a few hours of chatting with Abbey and any of the I’m-overwhelmed-I-need-a-break stress I may have been feeling will be long gone. We have bonded over baby-boot-camp and breast pumps…. So many of my new-mom memories include Abbey, as we are navigating this maiden voyage of motherhood together! For this, Abbey, I am grateful.



July 2006. Celebrating my move to KC at the Kelly Clarkson concert!

May 2007. At my KC baby shower. Little did I know Abbey was pregnant here too!

No comments: