Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 12, 2008

Eggs

Our conversation regarding dinner tonight:

Val: Are you hungry yet?
Mike: No, I had Mexican for lunch and I just ate a bowl of cereal.

An hour later....

Val: I'm starving, are you ready to eat yet?
Mike: Not really...
Val: Well I'm going to make some brinner, do you want some?
Mike: No, I told you, I just had some cereal. Come over here...
Val: I'm STARVING! I'm going to make something to eat! Just a minute!

I proceed to make myself an egg sandwich, while Mike watches TV. One would assume that he can clearly see me in the kitchen, making eggs. He sits silently...

As I sit down to eat my egg sandwich....

Mike: You made EGGS???
Val: Uh, YEAH, I told you I was starving and was going to make something to eat!!!!!! Didn't you see me in here cooking the eggs??
Mike: You just made eggs for yourself????????? Who does that?!!! I would have eaten some eggs!
Val (my pitch escalating exponentially): Are you kidding me? I asked you like five times if you were hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike: Well, if would have known you were making eggs....

Did I miss something here?

Footnote: I also made 12 muffins. He ate six. At one time. But he wasn't hungry??????

No comments: