Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day in OU Country

Brax went on his first airplane ride this weekend, albeit a short one... We flew to Norman, OK to visit Grammy and Papa, and so Mike could go to OU's home opener.
I am a little (okay, alot) uptight about traveling with Brax because in the past, things didn't go as smoothly as I had anticipated. The first time we went he was about 7 weeks old and he didn't sleep well at all (so neither did I). The second time he was about 8 months old and didn't sleep well at all AND broke out in a head to toe rash that required oral steroids to get rid of. I was a MESS, I just knew he had some awful organ killing virus or something.
Turns out he's allergic to fabric softener. Hmm.
Anyway... as you will see, this trip was a success and has restored my enthusiasm for leaving the house for more than 6 hours at a time.
What kid isn't fascinated by this view?

Okay this shot has nothing to do with anything, we were just in awe of this elderly couple's PIZAZZ. Who says getting old isn't fun? You get to wear glitter in your hair and you get to wear lion medallions.

We were fortunate enough to get the whole row to ourselves, both there and back. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to sit by us.

This guy is seriously wishing he had sat in OUR row.

Brax had fun looking out the window, of course.

Ready for take-off! He barely even blinked an eye, thank goodness.

We needed a freight elevator to get to the parking garage.

More to come...

No comments: