Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 12, 2008

Brax's 13 Month Stats

***DISCLAIMER*** This is not intended to be one of those "look-how smart/talented/above-average-my-kid-is" bulletins... It is strictly for my book-keeping purposes, as this blog is now officially my cyber-scrapbook. I don't want to forget anything! So if reading about some kid's brilliant monthly development makes you so nauseous that you have to do the two-finger tickle to get some relief, then please, by all means, stop reading now.
HEIGHT: 33 1/2 inches
WEIGHT: 24 pounds (soaking wet)
TOOTH COUNT: 2 erupted, 3 bubbling below the surface
PERSONALITY: He knows exactly what he wants, and although he doesn't speak any intelligible English, he clearly gets his point across. For example, when he's full, he pukes.
He explores everything and everyone. No one is a stranger (especially women and other kids.) He particularly loves the ladies at the Clinique counter... they eat him up. He's still a little wary of men he doesn't know (with the exception of Uncle Spencer), but warms up within a few minutes.
NEW TRICKS: He has great balance now--after only 3 weeks of walking, he can turn on a dime, squat and stand back up, stoop to pick up a toy, and step over things. He finally figured out how to go down the stairs and get off the couch backwards, versus head-first. He points at everything (not in response to a question of "Where is...," but more just for his own entertainment, I guess to get me to name things.) He randomly pats his head and tummy; his head usually when he's eating, which gets food all in his hair, and his tummy as he's walking around, like he's an old man with Dunlap Disease showing off his boiler.) He has started making connections with what objects are for--such as the phone (He holds it to his ear and "talks." The remote also works well for this.), a brush (this is usually quite painful for the person he's demonstrating on), and the trash (he knows to put his diaper in it!)
MEMORABLE MOMENTS THIS MONTH: When that first tooth finally popped thru (#O) and he finally started walking--all in one day!! (August 16th) We were out in the driveway and Mike was about to mow the lawn. Brax is fascinated by the lawnmower, he always wants to help push. I put him down and he just took off across the driveway for the mower! He proceeded to go over to the grass, onto the sidewalk, and down the street! He didn't miss a step. I guess he just didn't want to let go of our finger until he was SURE he could do it himself. And of course, we started brushing his teeth [tooth]! This was a big day for us--I was afraid he was going to need dentures, and Mike was just sure he would be riding the short bus to school.
FAVORITE FOODS: Meat sticks, shredded cheese, peas and carrots, noodles, yogurt, cottage cheese, pinto beans, cheerios, mini-bagels, green beans, broccoli with cheese, pears.
DAILY ROUTINE: 5am-ish--8-10 oz. bottle, after which he goes back to sleep till 7ish. I am trying desperately to break him of this habit... but I'm afraid he's really hungry! I will also admit that I do like this "snuggle time" before I go to work :-)
8am--breakfast
9:30-10:30--nap
10:30--snack
12:00--lunch
1:30-3:30--nap
3:30--snack
5:30--dinner, then bath, then books
7pm--out like a light
**ANOTHER DISCLAIMER** The above "schedule" is on a "perfect" day... This does not always happen, and yes, I have learned to be flexible and ADAPT when things happen! Aunt Laura and I do try to stick to this though--I am a firm believer in the benefits of consistency for children. Until this whole teething fun began, Brax really never cried, and I truly think it's because there were no surprises; he knew what to expect and we knew what he needed. If only parenting were this easy forever.
FAVORITE PEOPLE: Our neighbors across the street-Jace, who is in 1st grade and completely enthralls Brax with his antics, and Jace's big sister Cameron, who is in 6th grade. She is our baby-sitter in training. She'll run over just to play with Brax anytime she sees us, and is mature beyond her years. Brax loves her... he cries real tears when she leaves!
FAVORITE BOOKS: The Foot Book, by Dr. Suess
FAVORITE TOYS: Any of them, for about 60 seconds.
FAVORITE ACTIVITIES: Anything outside--especially people-watching and meeting dogs. We also started "My Gym" this month-we go every Wednesday and some Fridays. It is a climber's paradise.
FAVORITE SONGS: No song in particular, but he "dances" to his Fridge DJ. He's pretty much a one-trick-pony on the dance floor, he just kind of bounces up and down. It's so stinkin' cute!
DISLIKES: He has gotten picky about food. He used to eat anything I put in front of him, but now he immediately spits it out if it's not what he ordered. He won't eat much breakfast with the exception of his Yo-Baby yogurt, and he decided that he doesn't like squash, waffles, or sweet potatoes anymore! Needless to say, he's not a big fan of teething either. It's been a rough month!
FUNNY THINGS: It's hilarious [to us] when he cocks his head to the side and bends around to look right at someone's face when they're talking. It's like he's really wanting to see the expression on their face as they're speaking, or like he's trying to get their attention. Very quirky.

No comments: