Angie: Another friendship that was forged as a result of my move to Tulsa. Angie (and her husband, Matt) lived in the same neighborhood Mr. Wrong and I moved into in January 2000. We would occasionally hang out, play board games together... We weren't super-close at first, which was probably due to my preoccupation with forcing the joke of a relationship I was in to "work." After I came to my senses, left Mr. Wrong, moved away, then came BACK to Tulsa AGAIN (this time on my own terms... by myself, to start DH school), Angie and I rekindled our friendship. She became my OTHER big sister.
I would describe Angie as "cool." She is a tennis pro; I always thought that was so cool! She's a successful working mom. She lets me borrow her husband to do the handywork mine can't (won't?). My most favorite thing ever to do with Angie is TALK. Man, can we talk. Well mostly I like to listen, for two reasons: One, she's freaking hilarious--she tells the best stories. Two, she is so WISE! I am always asking her for advice. I don't think her words of wisdom have failed me even once, whether it's about careers, kids, husbands... Talking to Angie is great therapy. Even with her own two kids, she still makes time to talk with her "little sister" (albeit after a fun game of phone tag.) Angie, thank you for always being there.





No comments:
Post a Comment