Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shout-Out PART VIII

Jen: Jen claims to have been a "nerd" in high school... she says she wasn't "the cheerleader type." But she has been my favorite cheerleader for years! Jen and I met in Business Law in the fall of 2003, in Tulsa. (I briefly thought I should continue my education and get a business degree... A few thousand dollars later, I realized that nothing could beat the pay and hours that dental hygiene offers... so I never finished that one. But I did get a best friend out of the deal!)

I describe Jen as a "cheerleader" because of the never-ending and enthusiastic support she offers the people around her--to complete strangers, to her husband, her sweet step-daughter, and to her genious-of-a-two-year-old little girl. And oh yeah, to ME!!! The girl MADE A T-SHIRT to wear and drove like 4 hours round trip to watch me run a painfully long 26.2 miles! Who does that??!!! NO ONE has ever worn a t-shirt in my honor!! At mile 20 of the Oklahoma City Marathon, I look over and see this girl with a giant smile on her face, doing high-kicks on the side of the road, cheering wildly. I think to myself, "Awww, someone has a REALLY good friend... That's so awesome!" As I get closer, I squint through my sweat and see her shirt--it says "We Love Val." I realize, OHMYGOSH it's MY really GREAT friend!!!!" Talk about feelin' the love.

Jen is joyful. I mean genuinely, truly, to-the-core--JOYFUL. Happy. All the time. I'm confident she would tell you it's a God thing. And she's not one of those people whose life has just been all peaches and cream; one of those people who has no reason NOT to be happy. She has been handed lemons in her life, and let me just tell you, the girl makes the best lemonade EVER. Her joy is contagious. She's always up for a girl's nite, or even a weekend. She throws the best parties EVER. She's a prayer warrior. Whenever she calls me or leaves a message, it always starts with "Hi Friend!!" and ends with "I love you, Friend." She signs her text messages and emails “Jammin’ Jen.” I love that! Jen, for all this--for filling my world with your joy--thank you!

April 2005. My #1 fan.

January 2007, right after I told Jen I was prego!

1 comment:

Partin Family :) said...

Oh my gosh...tears!! I do love you :) You brighten my day, I wish you were closer!! Thanks for the good words~ You are an amazing person yourself!!