HEIGHT/WEIGHT/TOOTH COUNT: Still about 33 1/2 inches, 23 lbs. now. Still only 2 teeth erupted.
PERSONALITY: Getting more of a temper, pretty impatient! When he's happy, he's VERY happy, which is most of the time, but if you make him wait--you'll hear all about it. Especially for food. He really seems to be making the connection that objects have a name (by pointing) and following directions (like "take this to the trash," or "let's go upstairs.")
WHAT HE'S LEARNED: In the past month, Brax has mastered the art of sliding down the stairs backwards, which scares me a little. He has been pointing at everything, often grunting at the same time as if he's "saying" something. Walking gets more and more fun-he toddles around, bending over to pick things up and carry toys around. He will point at himself and other people (rude, I know.) My favorite new trick is that he gives GREAT hugs and kisses, often voluntarily!!! It's the greatest thing EVER! Mike's favorite trick is when Brax "golfs"--he will actually hit balls with his club! (He's no Tiger yet, but close enough!) He'll stick his tongue out on command, and he has started saying a new sound--it's almost like "giggle-giggle-giggle." We THINK he said his first "word"--he always says "DA" for BALL. That was also Mike's first word! And baby boot camp has paid off-Brax will actually ASK to be put in bed (he points and grunts at his crib when I'm rocking him). Then he lays down and falls asleep all by himself, it's wonderful--all those nights of crying it out were worth it I suppose. Aunt LuLu taught him to sign "all done" when he's finished eating (or he just pukes on his tray, that is another clear indication that he's had his fill.) He will "wipe" his tray with a paper towel, and he holds his feet out to put on socks and shoes. Such big milestones, I know! Hey, we forget all these little things...
MEMORABLE MOMENTS: Definitely Brax's first airplane ride, to Oklahoma! He did wonderfully both there and back, AND he slept well in his pack and play well at Grammy's. I was a very happy mommy.
FAVORITE FOODS: Getting pickier and pickier by the day. Will only eat Daddy's kind of oatmeal in the morning (I tried getting him some fancy healthy Kashi oatmeal but he refuses it. But he'll gobble down Daddy's Quaker maple and brown sugar kind. At least it's the REDUCED sugar kind. Uuugh.) Still loves yogurt and pears, Gerber turkey or chicken meat sticks, green beans, peas and carrots, pinto beans, shredded cheese, cottage cheese, cheerios, noodles. Our menu is becoming limited!
Still has an 8-10 oz bottle at about 5 am, then goes back to sleep. I KNOW I should just not let him have it, but he's so dang skinny I still want him to have the extra calories! Bad hygienist mommy. But I have him chase it with a swig of water to rinse the milk off his two precious teeth! Then...
Breakfast at 7 or 7:30
9-10:15 Nap
10:30 Snack
Lunch at 12
1:30-3ish Nap
3:30 Snack
5:30 Dinner
6:30 Bath/Books/Bed by 7ish
FAVORITE PEOPLE: Any of the neighbor kids. They fascinate him!
FAVORITE BOOKS: I Love You Because You're You
FAVORITE TOYS: Golf clubs, balls, puzzle pieces for throwing, plastic bowling pins (he climbs in the plastic bin we keep them in and stomps around)
FAVORITE ACTIVITIES: Walking laps around the house, being outside, going "bye-bye"
FAVORITE SONGS: He hums along when he hears the themesong to the cartoon "Caillou"
DISLIKES: He's fighting me more and more on brushing his teeth, but I think it's because his mouth has been sore from the HFMD. I hope that's why, because that is a battle I WILL pick!
FUNNY THINGS HE DID: I suppose in hindsight it is funny that he puked ALL OVER ME twice in like 2 weeks. I like to say that he was hazing me into motherhood. I am official now. It feels GREAT.




No comments:
Post a Comment