At that time, she and the kids (Jace-3 and Kenzie-2) were living at Grams' house, and for the duration of my first stint in Tulsa, I spent EVERY Thursday evening over there. It was an unspoken ritual... Grams would make us a yummy home-cooked grandma-style meal, complete with nice dishes, linens, and dessert, or we would order pizza and make chocolate chip cookies from the log o' dough you can buy at the store. We would play with the kids, chitty chat, give the kids a bath (my favorite part; I have always loved the smell of clean, snuggly babies) then put them to bed. I was always in awe of how efficient Jamie was with this night time routine. After that, we would grab some blankets and settle in on the couch to watch "Thursday night TV" (you remember, the good ol' days BEFORE reality TV... Friends, ER...)
Among numerous mommy-related lessons, Jamie has taught me something pivotal---She shows me on a daily basis what it means to "live by faith." Being married for like 11 years, going to school, then working full-time, AND raising 5 unbelievably amazing children is NO EASY TASK. Jamie makes it look easy. Never once have I ever her gotten one of those crying-so-hard-you-can-barely-speak "I'm-losing-my-mind-I-can't-do-this!!" phone calls from her. Never have I heard her doubt God's will for her and her family... that it would all work out, that it would all be okay. She takes everything in stride, carried by her faith in God. She is truly my home away from home, and has been since day one. Jamie--thank you thank you thank you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18:
"Give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

May 2007. My baby shower in Tulsa.
We were both 7 1/2 months pregnant--our boys were born within one week of each other!






No comments:
Post a Comment