Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quarantined 9.24.08

We discovered today that what we thought was a mild case of thrush on Brax's gums is actually Hand/Foot/Mouth Disease. The spots on his gums appeared on Monday, the doctor diagnosed thrush and gave us an antifungal. Then this afternoon I noticed the blisters on his hands and feet... Called the doc, they confirmed that it was HFMD instead of thrush, and said there's not a thing I can do about it!!! No playdates for 10 days.

"Awwww crap! Don't tell me I have HFMD!!!"

If you click to enlarge you can see the white spots, especially on the upper gums.
On his finger...
On his heel and his big toes...





But he's not too sickly to stomp in his bowling pins, a new favorite activity.

Or to unroll the toilet paper before bathtime, another favorite activity.


"Whaddya lookin' at, woman?"

No comments: