...At least the problems in Brax's world. The other nite he woke up at like midnight screaming bloody murder (which is unusual for him.) I figured it was his teeth, because he was pretty inconsolable. I drugged him heavily (Motrin, Orajel, and teething tablets), and we went downstairs to watch SportsCenter in the dark (for some reason, this mesmerizes him and calms him down!) After about 30 minutes, he relaxed and got sleepy again, so I put him back to bed. All was right in the world again.
As hard as these painful midnight wakenings are, I can't help but think that these are the easy times. I know that as kids grow up, their problems grow more and more complex. I know that I won't always be able to "fix it" with medication, snuggling, and SportsCenter. So for now, I will gladly wake up any time of night and be grateful that I can still "make it all better." Just a thought...




No comments:
Post a Comment