Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Trip to Grammy and Pop-Pop's

We spent a long weekend at my in-laws' house in Sooner country. Can I just tell you how much I love Oklahoma? The weather, the brick houses, the food, the people... everything. In my 29 years, I've only lived in OK for about 7, but for some reason it still feels like home when I come back. I have such great memories of my time there (well, except for the first year, but had I not come that first time around I would have never ended up back there--long story--'nother post).
Are you ready for a ridiculous amount of pictures??? Here you go....

All loaded in the car and ready to go to the airport.
Killing time-eating snacks while we wait on our flight.

Yep, he'll fit in the overhead compartments.
Yep, there's really an alarm on that door.
"I didn't do it!!!!!!!!"
Ready for take off.
Watching "Cars" on the computer.
Oh how I've missed that red dirt.
After a pleasant and uneventful flight down on Wednesday, Grammy and Pop-Pop took us out to a fun restaurant called Pops. (Click the link to see more-it's a Route 66 landmark!) Then we headed back to their house and played outside. Brax felt right at home with the lawn mower, the golf clubs, the paint bucket and brushes and blow up pool Grammy got for him! He slept great that evening, till 8am Thursday morning!!
Brax's first onion ring at Pops!

Mowing up plastic soldiers.
"I fit on this thing last time I was here!"

Checking out the fish, turtles, and bull frogs in the neighbor's pond.
Chowing down.
After-dinner play time.

Thursday we had lunch at Rudy's BBQ (can you tell I food is an exciting event for me??!!), dropped Mike off at the OU golf course, and then Brax and I took a 3 hour nap together. We NEVER do that at home--I always put him in his crib--but I laid down with him in the bed next to his pack-n-play and fell asleep too! It was actually one of my favorite parts of our little vacation--snuggling with my boy and sleeping!

I exceeded my 2 picture limit.
Thursday evening we went for a walk and played outside more. Brax wanted me to sleep in bed with him again, so he fussed a little before he conked out in his pack-n-play. He slept till 8am again!
Bird watching.
Feeding the neighbor's dog, Cody.

Friday we all went to the OKC zoo. We had lunch at Whataburger (I miss Oklahoma food so much) and then came home for a nap. (I purposely fell asleep with Brax in the bed this time!) We got up, played outside, and started getting the food ready for our cookout. Some family friends joined us. We had chicken, pork chops, pasta salad, baked beans, corn on the cob, and Hawaiian rolls--Brax kept stealing everyone's bread-the kid loves carbs (don't know where he gets that!).
Applying Chapstick to his nose at the zoo.
Riding the rhino.
"Hey, they tumble like you and me, Momma!"
Monkey love.
Brax's first french fry---EVER.
I couldn't deny him the joy of Whataburger fries (or the chocolate shake I had.)
Playing on Pop-Pops mo-mow after his nap.
He wasn't crazy about my driving.
Mrs. Stewart brought Brax a bubble maker!
We put the boy to work--mowing...
...painting...
...then some weight lifting.
He finally got a break to eat some watermelon.
Yep, son--I see you eating out of the grass.
Saturday morning Daddy golfed and Grammy, Brax and I went to the local splash park. He didn't quite know what to think of it--he LOVES water, but he wasn't quite ready to run thru the fountains. He just wanted to stick his hands and feet in, and sit on the spout!


Stopping to take a drink of his first Sonic slush!
(I really broke down on my no-junk food-rule for him that weekend!!!)
Mad when we made him stop.



He was imitating some older boys that were standing
over these spouts pretending to pee.

Sweet little foot prints.
Going for a ride down the slide on the playground before we left.
We had lunch at home, then Brax and I napped together (again!). That evening, we played outside and had the best spaghetti with homemade sauce and meatballs for dinner! I got one last great nite's rest (I fell asleep with Brax in bed at 8ish, got up when Mike peeked his head in and woke me, then slept on the couch in Mike's lap till 10:30, then went to bed and slept till 7am!!!!!! It was MARVELOUS. I love sleep about as much as I love food.)

Mike actually took a few decent pics of Brax and I!

And to think...
I wondered what in the world I would do with a boy.
I had no idea how much I would love him!!!!!!

Even when he plays with nasty junebugs.


SSSSSSick.

We play this game where I tell him to show me
different feelings with his face...
I'll say, "Show me your HAPPY face, Brax."
This is happy!

"Show me your SAD face."
Soooo sadddd.

"Now show me SLEEPY."
Rubbing his eyes... sometimes I can get him to pretend to yawn.
It's pretty funny.
Water break.

Sunday morning we woke up and just played a bit before we had to leave for the airport. My MIL and I ran to Wal-Mart so I could pick up an OU t-shirt for Brax (I always have to get one while we're in Sooner Country!!!). I also found a cute little OU pillow for his big boy bed, and an OU penant for the wall in his room.

We ate yet another yummy homemade lunch at Grammy's, then headed out for our flight that afternoon. I love visiting the grandparents!

He fell asleep as soon as we got in the car to leave.

But didn't sleep a wink on the plane!!!!

Next week Brax and I fly (just the 2 of us!) to California to see my dad, step-mom, brother and sister. Then in July, we'll all make a trip to Tulsa to see my mom and step-dad, where we'll celebrate Brax's 2nd B-Day! (Of course, we'll do a party in KC, too!!!) I love summer time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

Pops is right by my dad's house...he tells everyone to go there! Such a sight on Route 66! Love the pics and freaking LOVE that he does emotion faces! Cracks me up.