Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home... My Mother's Day Gift

Here are some pics of my Mother's Day gifts... Freshly painted walls (Thank you, sweet husband! I love our home!), some fab new decor (Thank you to our moms! Yall are my personal decorators!!), and a clean house (my present to myself.)

The view of the eating area in the kitchen,
as you come in from the garage.
View of the living room, it's open to the kitchen.
View from Mike's chair.
Brax's toy area, between the TV and the fireplace.
I would love built in cabinets all along this wall,
but this works for us!
Facing the door to the garage, from the eating area.

I love this French memo board!
A girlfriend had a few ladies over to her house and we made them,
but then I found some other great fabric on clearance
at Hobby Lobby so I recovered it again.


The view of the kitchen from the living room.


Thank you, Mom!

This countertop is usually piled high with papers and books, etc.
That calendar is where I write down Brax's "stats" thruout the month,
which I then transfer to the blog and our blurb book.
After just adding a few new pieces to my existing
"collection," the space above our cabinets is done.
The view of the kitchen, from the computer room.
The half bath between the kitchen and the computer room.
This used to have the typical builder's grade sheet mirror on the wall-
I found this cute mirror for just $20 at HomeGoods!
The pantry, across from the half bath.
Nice and organized.
I keep my battery powered sweeper in here-
it's great for cleaning up after meals, quickly and easily.

View of the computer room to your right
as you walk in the front door.
I LOVE how this red turned out.
It's called "Salute" by Sherwin Williams.
The view out the front window in the computer room.
The red looks different from different angles.
This is also the room where we dance!
So I don't plan on filling it with furniture any time soon.
View of the entry from the computer room.

Closeup of entry table.
My MIL put this table together for me for our wedding.
She painted the pillars and bought the glass...
It held the unity candles and the beautiful floral arrangements she made,
so it will always be special to me.
View into the kitchen/living room and up the stairs
as you walk in the front door.
Mike got me this great bench from Target (free shipping!)
for Mother's Day last year, I think. I LOVE it.
It holds Brax's shoes, his hats and beach towels,
and his swim gear.
Yes, the boy has a lot of shoes.

Up the stairs.
Gotta love Hobby Lobby when they have picture frames
HALF OFF!
I got the hall closet cleaned out and organized!
Thank you, Ma!

A close-up.
More pics to come when the upstairs gets painted!
(It could be awhile... the downstairs took a month!)

1 comment:

LilRedJo said...

Wow! Looks wonderful:)