Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Tag

A fellow blogger (Bless Our Nest) posted her fun Christmas tag so I played too.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate... with marshmallows!


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?


I don't remember ever believing in Santa, but for my son, Santa will leave his gifts unwrapped on on the fireplace, right next to his empty cookie plate!


3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights?
White looks so classy, but I think if I were to go to the trouble of putting up lights, I'd go all out and be obnoxiously multi-colored.


4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. I don't know where to get real mistletoe?


5. When do you put your decorations up?
This year we did it the weekend before Thanksgiving, and it was great.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Grandpa Johnston's cranberry stuff.


7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I was actually a teenager, but it would have been the 3 Christmases with my first "love." He always went way out of his way to make it special, especially for only being like 17 years old!


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Like I said, I don't remember ever REALLY believing, but I do remember calling my dad out on it when I noticed that he spelled "Klaus" wrong.


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We will be opening new jammies on Christmas Eve!


10. How do you decorate your tree?
With lots and lots of mini picture frame ornaments, and colored balls (PLASTIC balls, so Brax doesn't break them.)


11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I only like it on Christmas day. Otherwise it's a pain in my tush.


12. Can you ice skate?
I used to be able to a little bit, but it's been awhile!!!!


13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I particularly remember getting some fancy Barbie doll dresses, a hand held tape recorder (which I used to record my little cousin Bart saying anything I'd tell him to), and a little pink metal box that had a lock on it from my Grandma Bob one Christmas. The box was sort of like a piggy bank, but I always kept "top secret" notes in it. Then when my lizard died, we buried her in the back yard inside it with a washcloth. That's a whole other very funny story....


14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Making special memories for Brax.


15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
pumpkin chocolate chip cookies


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I have a whole list of traditions I want to start for our family... not sure which will be our favorite quite yet!


17. What tops your Christmas tree?
Ooooh it's going to be SO cute! Brax helped make it. It's not done yet--I'll post pics when it is!!!!


18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving?
Giving. Unless it's a creative, romantic, thoughtful gift that makes me cry from my sweet husband. No pressure honey.


19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Martina McBride's version of O Holy Night


20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck?
I used to like the multi colored fruity flavored ones.


21. What do you want for Christmas?
To be pregnant again. Again, no pressure honey ;-)


22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
We used to go to Sullivan's every year when we lived in Tulsa. I wonder if he still does that?? He was a friend of mine that decided one year to throw a big party, and each year it got bigger and better. He would always have a local band play, and you had to donate a coat for needy kids to get in. Very fun.


23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs?
I wear my red velour track suit--I've worn it EVERY Christmas Day since I met Mike! Don't worry, you'll see pics.


24. Do you own a Santa hat?
Brax does!


Now leave a comment with YOUR answers!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Tracy Wood said...

must be nice to be able to wear the same velour suit for years now!!!!