As our family tree starts to grow roots of its own, I am excited to begin Christmas traditions that will make for some great pictures memories! Some of these things may not really be considered "traditions" in the true sense of the word, but rather just the way I want to do things each and every year, without fail, so that our kids will be able look back and say "This is how we did it in our family..." I want them to have that sense of "home," that sense of routine and security. My hope is for that to apply to their every-day life as well, not just the holidays.
Something I came across this year that I thought would be fun is the "Elf on a Shelf." You can find dozens of sites about it if you Google "Elf on a Shelf." I found this one thru one of the blogs I follow, and it made me want to play even though Brax doesn't quite get it yet.
I found our elf at Tuesday Morning, for just $8. It is one of those creepy Annalee collectibles. It's all bendy and mischevious looking--perfect for a snitchy little elf.
And I will call him...
Buddy.
In honor of Mike's old Boston Terrier, not Will Ferrell.
Here was Buddy's debut. Brax noticed him first thing in the morning.
"So you mean to tell me that this squirrelly little elf knows SANTA?"
"HA! You won't catch ME mis-be-havin'!"
Brax decided it would be most effective to kill Buddy with kindness.
Here is where Buddy will reside through the day-up on the mantle-discreetly taking notes on what he sees.




1 comment:
Hi Val
Thanks for visiting my blog and following.
That elf sure does LOOK like Will Ferrell though...
Post a Comment