Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

We Love P.A.T.!!!

If you have small children, you should know about Parents As Teachers. I've mentioned it before, but I just can't say enough great things about it, especially for SAHM's (or in our case, stay-at-home-with his aunt-kid) who need that socialization time they don't get from a group daycare.
Click HERE for info, and see below...

In addition to regular home visits, PAT offers free playgroups every day at local education centers. They also host monthly Saturday playgroups geared towards fathers, and they also put on special events, like the Earth Day celebration next weekend. We went to our first weekday playgroup on Friday, when Mike was off work.

I took several pics of the room,
so you could see how much neat stuff they have!
Back in the corner is the art station-
play-doh and paints.

This area is geared for the less mobile babies.

This is the reading area-
you can check out any of the books.

Brax's favorite-
The climbing area.

Notice the giant chalkboard and the lego table.
There were also dress up clothes and baby dolls back there.

Working at the tool bench.

Cooking in the kitchen.

Climbing.
He's not really shoving that kid down the slide!
The kid just happened to be hanging there like that!
I love this smile!

Making play-doh cookies.

Picking out books.

I look like the Jolly Green Giant!

Playing dinosaurs w/ a "big kid."

Watching two kids fight over the shopping cart.

Circle time at the end of class.

No comments: