After 21 months of being a Momma, I think I can finally say I know a thing or two about what I'm doing. (Of course, Brax will prove me wrong tomorrow as I have completely jinxed myself by saying that.)
Brax has a double ear infection (again.) And I knew it!!! The weird thing about my kid is that he NEVER runs a fever, he NEVER pulls at his ears, he sleeps fine at nite, and by the way he was romping around all weekend, you wouldn't know he was sick by looking. The only way I know when something is wrong is by the fact that he doesn't eat as well, and he hates his naptime. (I'm not sure why he fights the nap but not bedtime, but he does that when he's sick.)
Last week Mike and I both had head/chest colds... Brax started fighting the nap Wednesday and Thursday, and then started in with a yucky cough over the weekend. I figured the cough would work itself out, but then the drainage/congestion started getting worse yesterday. The last two ear infections he had were the result of all that nasty stuff pooling in his ears, and I was afraid that was happening this time. So I got off work early today and Aunt Lulu brought him to me at the Dr's office. What would I do without her???!!! And I am SO thankful that I have a boss that agrees with the importance of kids.
Anyway, at the pedo office, Brax was running around in the playroom, laughing and screeching and trying to jump like the big kids. (While his nose ran double barrel. Gross. I remember when my stomach used to turn just a little whenever I saw a snot-nosed kid. Why is it different when it's your own????) But sure enough--double ear infection.
We got some of the bubble gum goodness, so hopefully he'll start feeling better soon!
My point-yep, I had one-I wish Brax didn't have an ear infection, but I'm a little proud of myself for knowing when he really needs to go to the doctor. (And really, I shouldn't take too much credit--Mike and Aunt Lulu said the same thing!!!!!)




No comments:
Post a Comment