My attempts to slow the passing of time are failing miserably. How can it be that my baby boy is nearing 2 years old already??? I absolutely love watching him grow, and each "phase" we go through seems better than the last, but why does it have to come so quickly!!!??? I don't like that one bit.
***UPDATED*** I forgot to note that as of Wednesday, April 8, Brax is binky-free!!!! No more "ni-nites!" He's such a big boy.
HEIGHT/WEIGHT/TOOTH COUNT: 36 in, almost 27 lbs., holding steady at 12 teeth. Getting these canines in has not been fun!
PERSONALITY: Mr. Social, very expressive, outgoing and personable. Adapts well to change.
VOCABULARY: Brax will repeat anything, and now regularly speaks without "prompting." (Before we would have to drag it out of him--"Say ______!" Now he converses voluntarily!
Clothing: Hat, shirt, pants, socks, shoes, coat
Body parts he says (he identifies more than he actually verbalizes): Hair, head, eye, nose (I love how he says it--"naws"), teeth, neck, knee, back, hands, feet, cheeks, leg, toes, rice
Animals: Cat, cow, dog, bunny, bird, duck, horse
Food: Milk, water, eggs, yogurt ("'gurt"), Kix, chicken ("tsicken"), peas, beans, cookie, cheese ("tseez"), sauce ("sowse"-this means either applesauce or ketchup-he loves to dip his food in ketchup!), noodle, cracker, ice, ham
Outdoors: Sun, moon, grass, shovel ("shubbel"), dirt, rocks, street, lawnmower ("mo-mows"), car, home, outside, bat, ball
Indoors: Steps, door ("doe"), show (meaning cartoons), bath, bubbles, books, toys, blocks, trash
Shapes: Heart, circle
Randoms: Up, down, out, in, more ("mow"),ow, no (a classic toddler favorite), yes/yeah, please ("peas"), sorry, neat, quick, Tiger [Woods], Brax, buddy, Daddy work, up high ("'pie"), again ("'gin")
Adjectives: Hot, cold
Verbs: Eat, sleep, sit, run, go, jump, cook, tickle, swing, poot/poop (that's a fun one), cut, walk, rock (in the glider), sing, shut, kick, come, wash, clean, mix, hug, kiss
NEW TRICKS: Goes up and down stairs by himself, without holding the rail or a hand. When he "mows the lawn" he knows to tilt the mower up to get the front wheels over the edge of the sidewalk/driveway. He stops at the sidewalk, turns and puts out his hand for you to hold before he crosses the street, and if he sees a car coming he darts up the driveway saying "run, run!" Folds his hands to pray and says amen ('men). Attempts to pull his pants and shirt off by himself. Eats cereal in a bowl with milk using a spoon. Will sometimes sit on the potty (fully clothed-nothing exciting happens, but it's a start). Makes car noises when he rolls his toy vehicles around. Plugs his ears a lot to see what things sound like with his fingers in there. Sings a lot--says "sing, la laa la laaa, sing, la laaa la laaala..." Runs laps around the main level saying "GO! RUN! GO! RUN!". He "counts" alot--anytime there's more than one of something, he says, "One... Two... Two... Two." I guess two means anything over one to him!
FAVORITE FOODS: Some new things he has liked are ice chips, pork chops, ham, asparagus, hamburger patties, summer sausage, spaghetti squash w/ parmesan cheese on it
FAVORITE PEOPLE: He's become a little attached to Momma these days (I don't really mind!)
FAVORITE BOOKS: Any book with a bunny in it-we have a several of them. He just loves to say "bunny."
FAVORITE TOYS: His lawnmower, cars and trucks, throwing balls
FAVORITE ACTIVITIES: Playing outside, talking to people, dancing, running, hiding in Daddy's closet, rocking and reading in the glider, snuggling Momma (I love it too!)
DAILY ROUTINE:
7-7:30 up, breakfast (oatmeal) immediately!
snack around 10
lunch at 12
12:30-3ish nap, snack immediately
dinner at 6
bath/books/bed 7:15-8
FAVORITE SONGS: Any of them!
DISLIKES: Brushing teeth, changing poopy diapers, being in the carseat too long
FUNNY THINGS HE SAID/DID:
Several days after we had been at My Gym, Brax was saying "Circle? Circle!" and then going thru the motions we do at Circle Time when the class is over--hands in the air, pat your knees and shoulders, bye-bye hands.... He remembered!
One nite I was rocking him to sleep and one of us may have pooted (I won't say who)--he took out his ni-nite and declared "POOP!" I started cracking up, and so did he. He kept saying it over and over and neither of us could stop giggling. Why is that word still funny to me?
Brax was "helping" me make a pasta salad, standing on his stepstool in front of the sink. I was cutting veggies, then he would take them off the cutting board and put them in a bowl I had sitting in the sink. After putting several broccoli florets in one at a time, he realized how inefficient this strategy was. He took the cutting board from me and dumped the whole pile in at once. Daddy always says--Work smarter, not harder!!!
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
Mike was coming home late one nite and at dinner time Brax pointed to the door and said, "Daddy work?"
I was singing "The Wheels on the Bus" after bathtime one nite and he kept saying, "Gin? Gin?" wanting me to sing it again.
At My Gym he pointed out the hearts on a little girl's shirt.
4/10- I think he had his first bad dream. Weird crying and thrashing around at about 11:30 pm for about 5 minutes. Never got up, eventually went back to sleep without me going in.
4/11-Wanted to sit on the potty for the first time (with clothes on)




No comments:
Post a Comment