Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Past Week

I have been trying really hard this past week to "unplug" from the computer... I have begun to think I may have a problem! I could literally spend hours working on pictures, photo albums on blurb.com, posting to my blog, reading other blogs... It's ridiculous!

But I have to have a blog-fix--it's driving me crazy that I have a week's worth of pictures I haven't shared with my gazillion 4 readers yet. I'm quite aware that people are not sitting at their computers repeatedly hitting "refresh," anxiously awaiting for the most recent update on the on-goings at Team Hill, so why do I feel the need to blog every minute detail of my life???? I don't know, I guess it's an "outlet" for me. Or maybe I just like the imaginary attention it brings me. I'm a dork like that.

So here you go. The latest and greatest.
(I can hear the crickets chirping loud and clear.)


Some projects I've made--

Brax played with this for over 30 minutes straight--

It's just a parmesan cheese container with straws cut to fit inside. Shake them out, put them back in. Shake them out, put them back in. Hours of endless fun for all.


I wanted a "time-out" mat like Jon and Kate have. Got this rug for $5 at Wal-Mart, stenciled the letters on with acrylic paint, then outlined them with puffy paint for more contrast.

Needed some "quiet play" for church. (Brax throws a fit when I try to leave him in Sunday school, so I keep him with me thru the whole service. He does great with his snacks and backpack full of "quiet toys." I cut out a bunch of athletes from Mike's magazines, laminated them at Kinko's, then cut them out again. They are like paper dolls for a boy! Brax can make a whole team! (This is probably a little old for him, but oh well. It keeps him busy.)


Brax helping me make spaghetti squash.
That step stool has been a great $15 investment--it's taller than the "kiddie" ones, so he can actually see and reach over the countertops/sink. Plus it's really wide and stable. He loves to be part of whatever I'm doing in the kitchen.

Found this trike at Tuesday Morning for dirt cheap.
It was the last one there!
The neighborhood girls teaching Brax how to pedal his trike.
Does he have them wrapped around his finger or what??

"Why pedal when they love to push me!?"

Helping me fill a planter.
He LOVES his "shubbel."
More to come..........

3 comments:

LilRedJo said...

LOVE the little laminated sports guys idea..very manly:) Also, the "Time Out' mat; you did a wonderful job. I can't even stencil straight! (sigh) :)

JennLeon said...

I love your blog! I honestly check it every single day - like borderline stalker!! I am really thinking about starting one for us/Ava/me....it might be cheaper than therapy - LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea for church. I also need to make something for my guy to keep him entertained. I think I might make a felt board with cars and stuff on it. AND...I check my sidebar daily to see when if you've updated. When I saw you had I couldn't wait to check out what you all have been up to. Brax is getting so big.