Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Sweetest Words

This past week, I started praying out loud with Brax when we're rocking at nite. Before, I would just pray in my head, because I didn't want him to think it was time to be awake and have a "conversation" with each other. But on Monday nite, he was restless and fussy when I turned out the light after storytime. So I put his little hands together under mine and just started saying our prayers out loud. He immediately quieted down.

Then, on Tuesday night, I did the same thing. I also decided to see if he would participate verbally, since he's such a big talker now!

Brax said the sweetest words I've heard him say yet... "love you Jesus, Amen."

Well, really it sounded more like "yuh-you-'Zus-men," and it was broken up by me prompting each word one at a time. But regardless, he said it!

After we finished, he persisted, " 'Gin? 'Gin?" (Again, again??) So I said some other things we were thankful for. " 'Gin? 'Gin?" I fulfilled a few more prayer requests I'd come across on blogs. " 'Gin? 'Gin?" He would take my hands and try to manuever them around his, folded in prayer. We prayed for everyone and everything I could think of, until I finally had to explain that our time was up.

But I was reminded... It never really is. Our prayer calling card never runs out. When he's old enough to understand, I will tell Brax that he can keep praying as long as he wants, without ceasing. And I hope that he does.

1 comment:

LilRedJo said...

Sweet, thanks for sharing:)