Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

With Love, From Burbank

So I get this comment on my blog last nite,in response to the post showing my 6 week baby gut a couple of weeks ago (of course, it was anonymous):


"are you seriously puttin on a swimsuit to post a pic of ur "baby belly"?
come on, you're an adult. give us a break."


I did a little research on my blog traffic monitor thingy, and found that my new reader is from Burbank, California. Hmmmm, for some reason, my feelings weren't quite so hurt after finding out they were from California. This supports my theory that people are just NICER here in the midwest! Yeah, yeah I know that's not ALWAYS true--I have immediate family and a lifelong friend in Cali whom I love, of course, but I think even my dad (who moved from the mid-west to CA like 25 years ago) would generally agree with my theory.


To my #1 fan in Burbank--I have an ultrasound appointment tomorrow morning and I will be sure to post a picture, just for you! I'll even throw on my swimsuit and take a pic of the 8 week "baby belly" for your enjoyment. It must be terrible, being FORCED against your will to look at cheesey blogs about happy families. Oh... wait... you don't HAVE TO LOOK.
Now there's a thought.

4 comments:

Lori said...

You go girl! You are a beautiful prego mommy! :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I can not believe the gall of that person. I second Lori's comment, you are a beautiful prego mommy! Keep those pictures coming my dear. And to “Burbank” - there is sooo much more good you can do with your time. Why the hatred??? I think we should all include “Burbank” in our prayers tonight. There must be something really horrible in their life right now to have such thoughts, take the time to comment on a blog about it, and to intentionally hurt someone.

Anonymous said...

R U kidding me? People are so shallow. How in the world can someone say that to someone they don't even know. I am one of those people that I loved being pregnant and wasn't afraid to show it off either. I will definitely stop right now and say a prayer for the person in "Burbank" Can't wait to see more pics from your appointment tomorrow.

LilRedJo said...

I LOVE the 'baby belly' pics! Keep them coming!!!!!