At six weeks along, our recruit is about 9 mm long. To put this in perspective, I took a photo of a periodontal probe next to my thumbnail.
This instrument is used to measure the pocket between a patient's tooth and the surrounding gum tissue. It is marked in 3 mm increments.
9 mm is the distance between the two yellow arrows.
It's amazing what God can do with a mere 9 millimeters...
This instrument is used to measure the pocket between a patient's tooth and the surrounding gum tissue. It is marked in 3 mm increments.
9 mm is the distance between the two yellow arrows.
It's amazing what God can do with a mere 9 millimeters...
How your baby's growing: At six weeks gestation, the nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones.(from babycenter.com)
And in keeping with Becca's Keepin' It Real theme,
here are some pics of my belly.
This is me now, at 6 weeks along, with the new recruit. Sucking it in, btw.
Here I was at 8 weeks along with Brax.
Yes, I was 2 weeks further.
I'm afraid this is gonna get ugly.
Front shot at 6 wks this time.
Front shot at 8 weeks w/ Brax.
P.S. Mike just walked by and saw this post and said, "Honey, are you SURE you want to put those pictures on there???" Please feel free to shoot him an email telling him things he SHOULD NOT say to his pregnant wife--mikehill06@gmail.com
And in my defense, I was in the best shape of my life before I got pregnant with Brax! I have not been to the gym since I was 5 months pregnant with him!




3 comments:
You couldnt look more amazing, you make me have nausea! LOL! Keep the pis to a minimun please for I might starve myself....
I can't believe you are even putting on a swimsuit right now in the dead of winter. Sister, you are gorgeous!
I only WISH I could look like that in a bikini...pre-baby, or post-baby. Basically ANY time in my life!!! At my TOP condition, I STILL couldn't wear a bikini and look great. I mean; running miles and miles every day, only best food/fuel. Everything to have a strong body....still not as good as your bikini bod now! Kudos. :)
Post a Comment