I really wanted to keep with the theme of celebrating in the GMT time zone,
so I thought it would be fun to go out to eat at this little Irish place nearby. (We don't have any English restaurants that I know of, so we had to modify our plan a little.) It's called Llywelyn's Pub, and they were celebrating the Irish New Year at 6 pm our time with a fiddler and bagpipers! I thought Brax would enjoy this.... I was wrong....
I confirmed online prior to going that it was a "kid friendly" establishment--
they have a kids' menu and high chairs, so that's kid-friendly, right?
Ahhh, a family nite out...
Brax was content for awhile with his Snack-Trap (yes, it's tethered to his high chair.)
He lasted until about 5:37, when I took him out of the chair to check out the fiddler.
Big mistake.
I briefly subdued him with a couple of glasses of champagne.
(KIDDING. They were empty, but momentarily entertaining nevertheless.)
About 7 minutes later, after a preview of what was to come if we were to stay and eat dinner, Mike made the executive decision that he was taking Brax to the car. So I finished eating my pretzel (like I said, we didn't get around to the main course), paid the bill, and we left before the bagpipes even got started.
After feeding Brax some meat sticks at home (since he refused to eat at the restaurant) and bathing him, I fell asleep on the couch (before 8pm) and didn't wake up until Mike rolled me off the couch at 11:45 and led me to bed. We watched Evil Kinevil's son jump across something on a motorcycle, gave each other a New Year's smooch, and I was back to sleep....
Woo Hoo!!!




1 comment:
Was that place good if maybe Brax had been into it? We pass it all the time and I wondered!
Post a Comment