Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Long Wkend Randoms

Recipe for New Year Black Eyed Peas:
1 bag dry black eyed peas
5 chicken boullion cubes
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup cubed ham
add enough water to cover the peas about an inch (I didn't measure??)
This was so easy! All I had to buy was the peas--everything else I had leftover from Christmas dinner! I made it all in the crockpot early New Year's Day, and it was very tasty by mid afternoon. I also made corn bread to go with it.

Brax helping me blow on it.
"Like this, Momma. You gotta blow harder."

It was 65 degrees here on Saturday,
so we went outside for a little "photo shoot" before heading to a friend's birthday party.
Days this nice don't come along often during a Kansas City winter,
so the last thing Brax wanted to do was take pictures.
Come here, son. Just one picture.

Just sit here for one second.

Hold STILL!
You'll take a picture and LIKE IT.

Good enough... He looked so handsome! I had to get one.

Going for a walk earlier in the day.

Just hangin out.

After he first wakes up he likes to snuggle a little on the couch.
Notice this quilt--Mike's mom had 3 of them made for us a few years back. They are all made of Mike's old baseball t-shirts, from junior high all the way thru pro ball. They are so special, and SOOOOO comfy!! It's a giant padded t-shirt quilt!

Working diligently with his screwdriver.

Look at those gums!
I am expecting more teeth any day now...

1 comment:

Josh and Jen said...

Val,

You know I grew up on Black-eyed peas!! Oh yes....so yours look yummy!!
Josh hates them so I don't even bother!
Hope you are doing well!

Jen