Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Anti-Nausea Arsenal

Besides having a bigger belly this time around, I am also experiencing the joy of all-day nausea. I haven't actually horked yet, but the mouth sweats and hot flashes come and go in waves throughout the day. Fun times! Does this mean it's a girl???
My friend Tracy at work did some research for me and gave me a shopping list... so I stocked up today on the staples of my new "diet:"
Crackers, ginger snaps, ginger tea (I got 4 different kinds, just in case) and peppermints.
No, popcorn wasn't on the list, but it sounded really freakin' good. With salt and lots of shredded cheese on it.

3 comments:

Mrs. Tracy Wood said...

OH good god! bring the mints to work...heck ya!

Lori said...

Val, I was nauseous for the first 4 months. I used sea bands (accupressure- it worked for me) and emetrol which is just sucrose. When is was 6 wks, we were on a cruise and my nausea hit me hard. They gave me ginger ale and granny smith apples and saltine crackers on the ship. Eventually, my Dr. gave me Zofran-that works great!

LilRedJo said...

Ugh...was sick THRU my 6th month w/brenden. Yes, that means until 7 months pregnant I was nauseous. Only actually threw up a handful of times...just felt pukey. Only that finally helped me, was realizing that part of the reason I was sick was b/c I was not snacking enough. I would let myself get hungry, and then wait to eat. I'd wake up at 4ish hungry, but wouldn't eat. Then when I woke up, it was too late. Nothing ever helped me other than fixing the snacking issues.