So yes, I'm pregnant again! This may be TMI for some, but it's my blog so I can post TMI if I want :-)
I don't have periods unless I'm on the pill, and evidently I rarely ovulate, so with both Brax and this year's new recruit, my pregnancies are nothing short of miraculous (ALL pregnancies are, tho!) With B, I didn't find out I was pregnant until I went in for an ultrasound to look for a tumor. Instead, they found an 8 week old fetus! We had spent months thinking that I was "broken," when instead, I had somehow managed to get prego. This time around, I knew I wasn't "broken," but was also aware of the fact that my reproductive machinery doesn't work like the manual says it's supposed to. After an HSG test (where they squirt dye thru the uterus and fallopian tubes and watch for obstructions on an x-ray), my OB put me on progesterone (as they did with Brax) and apparently that's all I need to get the wheels turning. I had filled a script for Clomid that I was supposed to start with my next cycle to induce ovulation...
Because of my unique (I guess it's unique?) circumstance, I go in tomorrow for an ultrasound and an OB check. It's my understanding that they will then be able to pinpoint a due date? I am estimating that it will be mid-September.
I have to say, trying to get pregnant this time was so much less stressful than the first. It's pretty cool what a little faith in God will do...




1 comment:
Val, it was not TMI for me! Of course I have been wondering......how it was going.
Let me know how your appointment goes tomorrow!! I am so excited for you guys!
God is so good!
Post a Comment