Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's Fall!

The weather could not be any better! We have had so much fun outdoors.




It cracks me up when Harper does this "pose."

Our neighbor giving Brax a lesson on bugs.

He found this weeping willow branch on a walk awhile back and wants to play with it anytime he goes outside now! He just runs around whipping it all over the place! (You can see he stripped the leaves off of it.)

We are so excited for fall to be here. We decorated for Halloween! My mom used to have a tree like this that we would decorate for all the holidays thru the year and I loved it! So we are starting the same tradition...
Brax spent hours (ok, like 10 minutes) sticking and un-sticking the window decals.


One morning we went on a walk, still in our jammies...
We made a pit stop at the mail box.
Brax loves to mail stuff (and receive it, too!)

I took these with my phone... so they're not spectacular, but I wanted to capture the moment!
A little lady bug landed on Brax's hand and he was so thrilled to "take it for a ride" with us on our walk. At some point it decided it wanted off and it disappeared, which bummed him out a little.

His enthusiasm resumed when we spotted an acorn tree.
Brax collected as many "andy-corns" as he could. (I think they read a story at school about an acorn named Andy, now he calls all acorns "andy corns.")

Harper enjoyed the outing as well...

Brax also had fun pulling weeds flowers out of peoples' yards. He loves to blow the puffs off the dandelions! (What kid doesn't, right? I still like it, too!)

I wish it would stay like this until Christmas!

1 comment:

LilRedJo said...

Love Harper's pose.
Also, a word of caution: Moths(I think) lay their eggs in acorns. When they hatch, little tiny maggot worms crawl out. (all in the same direction, interestingly enough)
Don't ask me how I know... *shivers*