Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 23, 2010

3 Yr/3 Mo Stats

HEALTH: We are on the tail end of his second respiratory infection of the season. His asthma doc said we can expect up to eight different rounds of viral infection over the course of the winter! He will sometimes run a low grade fever, but usually the symptoms are limited to a very snotty nose and a bad cough. His nebulizer meds keep it from turning into pneumonia. (And he is a pro at doing the regular inhaler now, too! So much quicker than the machine!)

NEW TRICKS:
  • Becoming more daring--he didn't used to be big on jumping off of things or going down big slides, but he has started doing it a little more.
  • Very good at jumping with both feet at the same time, can jump over things.
  • Can balance on one foot, can also do a ballerina-type turn on one foot!
  • Can put his socks and shoes on (however, he usually whines for me to do it for him still).
  • Stays dry through nap consistently, and stays dry through the night sometimes.
FAVORITE FOODS:
Candy corn. Is that a food?

FAVORITE BOOKS:
We have been reading a bunch of Halloween books from the library. One of our faves is "The Old Lady Who Wasn't Scared of Anything."

FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
  • I made him a calendar because he loves to know when we are doing something. He had a lot of fun activities in October, and he kept asking when he would get to do them. (Everyday--"Is it Halloween now?" He seems to think that anytime it's dark out it's Halloween!) So now he really enjoys counting the days until it's time for the event.
  • Whipping around a weeping willow branch he pulled off a neighbor's tree!
  • Taking toys (both his AND hers) from Harper.
  • Pretending to have a picnic with his play food and our picnic basket.
  • Sucking water up into a squirty elephant toy in the bath out of the holes in the top of an empty parmesan cheese container. (Random, I know... but I wanted to remember this!)

DAILY ROUTINE:
Same as last month... but we are skipping afternoon naps more and more. Usually one or two times a week is his limit before it starts to catch up with him.

FAVORITE SONGS:
He LOVES me to sing "On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese... I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed......" because it's about cheese. When I first started singing it, he would really analyze the whole situation--"Why did his meatball fall?... Was he playing with it? ... Why didn't he grab it? ... He should cover his mouth when he sneezes..."

DISLIKES:
SHARING WITH HIS SISTER.
He also dislikes it when she looks at him or touches him. This has been the first month he has seemed to be [very] put-off by her presence. I don't think it's any coincidence that this began when she started crawling. She LOVES him and his toys, and enjoys nothing more than for him to just acknowledge her in any way. One day we were in the car and I heard her cracking up in the backseat. I looked in my mirror to see him violently shaking his head "no" at her. I assume that it started with her looking at him and smiling, which as I said before, he does not appreciate. So he started shaking his head "no" to make her stop, but it just made her laugh. Hysterically. It was so funny... the more he shook his head, the harder she laughed!

MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
Wednesday, Oct. 13. He started coughing again, the second round of respiratory infection beginning. I kept him home from school, but after his first two breathing treatments he was feeling better. So I took him to get a haircut, then he asked if we good "go to the place with dinner." (Meaning a restaurant.) So we went to Chic-Fil-et, and had such a fun little lunch date. It was just one of those days that stuck out in my mind as a really good one!

BRAXISMS:
  • The first morning he woke up with a respiratory infection and a hard, barky cough, the first thing he said when I went in to get him was, "Those naughty chokes are back."
  • He had sleep in his eye one morning-he said, "My snot got dried in my eye!"
  • One night Mike and I were going on a date and I kept changing clothes. Brax was playing in the bedroom and he would say, "You look pretty AGAIN!" every time I came out of the closet in something different!
  • He was eating yogurt (the generic Wal-Mart brand) and he said to me, "I need Danonino yogurt. It has ABC's on it." (Proof that the commercials they show on kids' channels ARE effective!)
  • Says "Are you kidding me?!" all the time. (Yes he got that one from me.)
  • One day as he was riding to school with Miss Noelle they saw a mini-van. He told her he wanted one of those, and a lot of brothers in it.
  • I had gotten ready to go somewhere and he said, "I smell a pretty girl!" (No idea where he came up with this pick-up line.)
  • He sharted and said, "That toot was like a squirt gun!" HA!!!!
  • I was singing "To Make You Feel My Love" to him before bed and when I was done he said, "That was a great song, Mommy."
  • Randomly announced, "I'm your favorite!" one day.
  • While he was eating dinner one night he asked, "Can I have a brother next time???"
  • Always says, "But wait! I need to tell you sumting..." as I am about to walk out of the room after putting him to bed.
  • Still says "I love you, Mom," several times randomly throughout the day. I never tire of hearing those words.

No comments: