For the greatest random tips ever, click HERE to read a blog on "Works For Me Wednesday" helpful hints on anything you can imagine from real moms.
Here's my WFMW tip:
SUPER GLUE!! I've been in dentistry for almost 10 years, and anyone who is in healthcare knows that frequent handwashing and latex gloves don't mix well with BandAids on your hands/fingers! A dentist I worked for early in my career gave me a great tip--glue yourself together with Super Glue. Deep paper cuts, instrument puncture wounds, basically anything that isn't deep enough for stitches but still needs to be sealed shut and protected. It doesn't sting, and it won't poison you. I usually reapply once a day or so, because it does start to peel a little around the edges sometimes.




6 comments:
so...funny story about super glue. Ty (our 2 1/2 year old) busted the corner of his eye on new years morning...just hours after our $5800 medical insurance deductable started fresh for the year (i can laugh now). The cut needed attention and Micah called me and told me that he was going to take him up to his office and stitch it himself...um no...your a dentist not a plastic surgeon! He proceeded to the ER and well... $800 glue later, the doctor told us next time to use the Band-aide version of super glue! Niiiiice!
A few weeks later, Micah put his power drill through his finger, and used plan old super glue, and you are right..it worked like a charm!
we are friends with the partins. Micah went to high school with Jenn. We live in Tulsa and he practices in Tulsa too! I haven't read the blog you mentioned, but I'll go check it out! :) Have a great day, I will be praying for you in the wake of your miscarriage. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
Oh, man, Kim, that's terrible! The $800 glue more than the busted eye!
I bought glue for my son's nose, where he's been picking at a scratch since Christmas. It won't heal because he won't leave the darned thing alone, and the liquid glue doesn't deter little fingers from picking. I found some waterproof, agile little bandages that he seems to be leaving alone, and have made it through bath time and overnights. What I've learned from this is that if the kid won't leave the darn cut alone, you can glue and then cover with a stay-in-place bandage for quicker healing.
Just found your blog (after reading a comment you made on a blog I love tonight), and I just wanted you to know that what you said made me cry and I can't stop thinking bout you. Weird? sorry, but know I'm going to say a prayer for you! You baby is precious (I can't stop picturing him stuffing goldfish in his mouth)!
Keep it up, girl!
That sounds just crazy enough to work- thanks!!
And if you get the glue where you don't want it, cut open a raw potato and rub it on the glue! It took the crazy glue off my lip (don't ask...)
Post a Comment