HEIGHT/WEIGHT/TOOTH COUNT: About 35-36 inches tall, 26 lbs., 12 teeth.
PERSONALITY: For the most part, he is still pretty easy going. I know this is about the age when they start the "NO!" and "MINE!" phase, but he hasn't picked that up yet. Every now and then he'll shake his head "no," but he never says it. He transitions between activities pretty easily (with the exception of waking up-that takes him a minute!) without throwing fits, and he LOVES other children. Every time we're at the park he randomly hugs some kid (it makes my heart a little sad when one will look at him like he's crazy. I just want to yell, "HUG HIM BACK!!" Guess we all just want our kids to be loved.)
NEW VOCABULARY: baby, keys, car, water (wawa), honey, out, eat, up, go, peas, sock, help me (hepme), sit (s*it), dirt, ow, shut, toot, Sam, outside (side), okie-dokie (gogey dokey ogie), silly, in, yuck, stink (sink), swing (sing), hat, sock, book, shot (sot), pee, poop, snack (nack), door (doooo)
NEW TRICKS: Flexes his arm muscles for us like a body builder, runs in circles, loves the "fall down" part of Ring Around the Rosie, tickles other people to get them to laugh, moves his step stool to the sink so he can reach.
FAVORITE FOODS: M&M's are a new favorite (thank you, Aunt Laura ;-) ) I think I'll use them to bribe him into his next haircut...
FAVORITE PEOPLE: Other kids his size.
FAVORITE BOOKS: Inside/Outside/Upside Down, The Three Little Pigs (he cracks up when I do the "huff and puff" part)


FAVORITE TOYS: His doctor kit--he walks around poking people with the pretend syringe saying "shot? shot?" like he's giving away candy, and his Leap Frog fridge magnet alphabet letters.


FAVORITE ACTIVITIES: Riding piggy back, playing outside-digging in the dirt/mulch, swinging at the park, picking up trash at the park or in people's yards (which I think is so gross).
DAILY ROUTINE: I LOVE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! Now Brax sleeps till 7:30-8, lunch at 12, nap 12:30-3ish?, dinner at 6:30, bath/books then to bed at 8.
FAVORITE SONGS: We haven't been very musical lately since we get to play outside so much with this nice weather!
DISLIKES: Still not crazy about brushing his teeth, but he's getting better. We'll see how he does for his next "real" haircut-I'm taking him to Great Clips before Easter so he looks handsome.
FUNNY THINGS HE DID: The park by our house has a play set with a bridge leading to the slide. One day he just stood on the bridge, forcing one little 2 yr old girl to hug him before he'd let her by to go down the slide. They did this little dance about 5 times before she decided she didn't want to go down the slide that bad anymore. I was just happy she reciprocated the hugs at all! It makes him so happy to get hugs from other kids!
MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET: Brax loves to swing at the park with me, straddling my lap with his head on my chest. I lean back and we swing swing swing, the whole time he hums and sings and giggles and squeezes his little arms around my sides. It's so stinkin' cute. Like everything, this won't last forever tho... It would be a little creepy if we did that when he's a teenager, right?




1 comment:
You should get a pic of him swinging with you, so precious!
Post a Comment