Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snow Day Entertainment

We were struggling to find things to pass the time today during this ridiculous spring snowfall! This morning the ground was clear, and we thought the weather man was a liar. By mid-afternoon, we saw that for once, the weather man was right. So we spent the day holed up indoors... Here's what we did...

This morning we could see our newly green grass.

Fun with pipe cleaners.





That was short-lived.



Then I made shapes out of scrapbooking cardstock paper.
I have to take them to Kinko's to get laminated tho, or Brax will destroy them.

He loves to say "circle."


"I'm done, Momma. What's next??"

Toy Story! One AND Two!!!
I couldn't believe he sat still long enough to watch the majority of both (with food/nap breaks in between.) And I always said I'd never let my kids watch this much TV. That was before I realized just how long one day could actually be when you can't leave the house.
I enjoyed the snuggle time :-)

Early afternoon...


I painted my toe nails while Brax napped.
Should have shaved that big toe before my foot's photo shoot.

Brax's favorite neighbor, Jace, brought over one of his old toys!
Brax got a good 20 minutes of enjoyment out of this race track.
That's a long time for him!



Now we're getting desperate. Playing with diaper boxes.
Everyone's favorite boredom-buster...
FOOD!
Brax helped me make chocolate chip cookies.
"What do I do with this thing?"
"I lick it??"
"Ooooh! This IS the best part!"

"I'll take this one... and this one."
"Num-a-num-a-num!"

In typical Brax fashion, he wanted the chocolate wiped off his hands and face immediately.


Late afternoon....

And that was our snow day!
Hope you all enjoyed yours too!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Val, you are so creative. I so want to hang at your house next snow day. I promise to share the beaters. :))