Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Sweet, Sweet Boy

Brax had a great day today, so I did too! He woke up at 6:20 happy as a clam (which isn't always the case--he is often very cranky until his oatmeal is in his belly!), so we got to spend a little QT together before I left for work at 7. I just had to get a shot of his awesome bed head-he must have slept hard! I just can't get enough sugar off him in the mornings-I repeatedly kiss his soft little cheeks over and over till I have to leave.
He took a 2 1/2 hour nap for Aunt LuLu, then I met them at My Gym. He really participated today--he sat there for circle time and did all the hand motions (instead of running around like a wild man), he flirted with another little girl there, trying to hug her several times (instead of ignoring everyone and doing his own thing) and he walked on the balance beam!!! It was really fun to watch him enjoying it so much. I was dreading having to tell everyone about my miscarriage, but I only had to tell one person. She asked how far along I was, I explained what happened, and she went on to tell me that she lost a baby in December at 11 weeks as well. It's just amazing how common it is, yet heartbreaking nevertheless.



"GOOD MORNING, MOMMA!!!"

Yummy bed head-it still smells like baby shampoo from his bath last nite.


"Bye bye, Momma! Have a good day!"

Now this I just love. I think I have mentioned on here before how sometimes when he's eating he'll take my hands and put then on his face and just nuzzle into them. He did that tonite at dinner so I grabbed the camera off the table and got a shot! I never want to forget that he does this. I know it won't last forever!
Then, after dinner, he pulled me over into the living room, guided me to the couch, brought me the remote and climbed in my lap. I swore I'd never make a habit of watching cartoons, but I sure do love snuggling on the couch! He sits in my lap, all relaxed, holding my hands, and he loves to have a blanket over us. Something else that will not last forever! (I AM glad boys grow out of this... I'd be a little weirded out if Mike wanted to lay in his mom's lap on the couch when she was in town! Ha ha ha!)

3 comments:

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

He is precious...reminds me of my sweet boy! I promise I am not a crazy person, but I just wanted to point you to a recent post of mine. The title is "Tate"....I know just how you feel! Hope you find it, and know I'm praying for you. Night!

Here's the link...

http://www.holdituptothelight.com/2009/02/tate.html

Anonymous said...

Aww. That is the sweetest picture of him pulling your hand to his face.

Lindsey said...

Hi Val,

I just saw your blog on Kelly's Korner's comments and thought your family looked sweet. Then I realized through some of your posts that you used to like in Tulsa, Houston and now live in KC. I thought that was so ironic b/c I was born and raised in KC and then moved to Houston with my husband, then moved to Bartlesville, OK which is right next to Tulsa and recently just moved back to Houston.

I just wanted to say "Hi" and tell you your little boy is so darn cute! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)