Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

No Better Way To End This Day

Don't feel like writing much right now... the emotions hit me pretty hard today after it was all said and done. But I suppose it gets better from here.
And this moment made me pretty dang happy...

After Brax's bath in the evening, I wrap him in his towel and we go to his room. I slather him with Aquaphor and Cetaphil (this was the cure for his eczema) while I sing to him. The past couple of nights, he has insisted on standing up and clinging onto me like a baby chimp (before I can even get the diaper on) and giving me really long hugs, while he lays his head on my shoulder and pats me on the back. (When I say really long, I mean like 30 seconds, but that is an eternity for this busy boy!) Mike ran and got the camera and was able to capture this precious moment (who knows how long this hugging phase will last!) It is seriously the greatest thing EVER. It kind of makes me chuckle, thinking about how someday he's going to be a grown man, and probably be a little weirded out that he used to give his momma big, greasy, naked, full-body hugs like this. But I LOVE it! He's still my baby, for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest picture ever. Isn't that just what you needed after a long day.

LilRedJo said...

How sweet!! God sent hugs that you need, through Brax! This picture is priceless.

The Schmitt Family said...

Tears...that is all I can say, tears. Thinking of you hon. Hoping every day gets a little easier.