Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Double Ear Infections and Other Fun

Aunt Lulu said yesterday that Brax just wasn't himself, but we thought it was probably just the top molars coming in. Then he woke up at 5:30 this morning (15 minutes later Laura called telling me SHE was sick, too! So I stayed home), he didn't want to eat, threw up his breakfast, and wouldn't go down for a nap till noon and only slept for 40 minutes. I had that gut feeling that it was more than just teeth--I was thinking ear infection. He's only had one other ear infection, and that was when he was 3 months old. He doesn't run a fever or pull at his ears-the only indication is the change in eating and sleeping, and the vomiting. So I took him to the doctor, and sure enough-DOUBLE ear infections. Poor little guy :-( I was happy that I followed my instincts tho, and at least now he has some antibiotics in him. Hopefully he'll feel good enough to enjoy the warm weather we're supposed to have the next few days!


He had some good times thruout the day, tho...

Talking to Grammy on the phone this morning
(I'll post video of this later-his conversation skills are amusing.)

Eating his first bowl of Cheerios WITH milk!
For like 5 minutes he was walking around pretending that this plastic hot dog bun was a phone.
This is his "surprised" face. He does this anytime he hears a random noise-like an airplane outside, or the dishwasher switching cycles, or the phone ringing. I laugh every time. I couldn't get a good pic of it, because it's so spontaneous--
usually it's more animated-eyebrows raised and all!

No comments: