Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Do Not Think This is Weird

If you read any entertainment websites, you have probably heard about Salma Hayek's mission trip to Sierra Leone, an under developed country in Africa. Among other humanitarian efforts, she breastfed a sick, malnourished woman's starving baby. Apparently there has been some criticism of her actions, but I have to say that I commend her for it. Would it be a little weird if my neighbor came over when I had the flu to nurse my baby for me? Uh, yeah. I can buy formula at Walgreen's like 100 yards from my house. But these people in Africa have nothing. Babies there die from lack of food-can you imagine not being able to feed your child at all, whether it be breastmilk OR formula? I will go out on a limb here and assume that the mother, who was starving as well, cried tears of joy to see her baby suckling contently, it's eyelids heavy with a full belly. We are so lucky here. That's all I have to say.

click HERE to watch the video




No comments: