Who looks forward to cooking after working all day? And then cleaning up the kitchen? Right. No one. I solved my problem.
I have a patient (Kathy) who brings us food EVERY TIME she comes in to the office. And I'm not talking bagels and cookies. I'm talking homemade cinnamon rolls, breads, soups, pork chops, salads... I salivate when I see her name on the schedule. Most of the time she intends for Doc to eat the food, since technically he is the one who gives her a discount, but I do my best to intercept the food at the front desk and sneak a few bites before he sees it. I am telling you, this woman is THE BEST COOK EVER. And she LOVES doing it!!!
When Kathy was in last week for her cleaning, I had an idea. I would pay her to cook for me. Not only to cook, but to acquire the groceries as well. Another thing I hate doing. I asked her how much. She said $150 for food for 7 days + 2 desserts. I thought that sounded like a bargain. Now, I know there are those little stores in strip malls where you can go and make meals to freeze, but I've had them, and they were gross. Not worth the money. I'd rather eat cereal 7 nites a week.
When Kathy was in last week for her cleaning, I had an idea. I would pay her to cook for me. Not only to cook, but to acquire the groceries as well. Another thing I hate doing. I asked her how much. She said $150 for food for 7 days + 2 desserts. I thought that sounded like a bargain. Now, I know there are those little stores in strip malls where you can go and make meals to freeze, but I've had them, and they were gross. Not worth the money. I'd rather eat cereal 7 nites a week.
Today, Brax and I went and picked up the spread. Oh....my....goodness. I really think I heard angels singing as I loaded the floor boards with food.
I froze the stews and the bread for later... I'm going to savor this! If you live in the KC area and want some REAL home cookin' like your grandma made, then contact me for Kathy's info. You will SO not regret it.
Our menu for the week:
Chicken in some kind of fancy sauce with fancy rice
and a delicious cabbage side dish
Chili
Chicken noodle soup
Vegetable Stew
Tuna melts
Banana cake with chocolate icing
Strawberry bread
Chicken in some kind of fancy sauce with fancy rice
and a delicious cabbage side dish
Chili
Chicken noodle soup
Vegetable Stew
Tuna melts
Banana cake with chocolate icing
Strawberry bread
I froze the stews and the bread for later... I'm going to savor this! If you live in the KC area and want some REAL home cookin' like your grandma made, then contact me for Kathy's info. You will SO not regret it.
Tonite's meal.
Lunch this weekend.
"So this is what it tastes like when it's made FOR REAL?"




3 comments:
Awe man! I am so so jealous! I am going back to work in the next few weeks. It's gonna be 1.5h each way travel so I'll get home at about 7:30pm, maybe earlier depending when I go in each day. That would be perfect for us! Of course it would be about 200 or more a week since there's more of us, but so worth it. I wonder if she ships? ha ha ha!
Hey Val, ya think she'd give up her recipes? That looks so yummy. Banana cake with choc. icing? ahhh....
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm jealous.
Post a Comment