If you get cold sores (I'm talking about the things on your mouth that start out as tingly little itchy spots that turn sore then blister up then crust over and hurt like heck and you look like a leper till it heals 2 weeks later) then READ THIS. If not, count yourself as lucky and move on.
I have gotten cold sores since I was little, and they suck. I would get the nasty things like twice a year, and everyone would make fun of me. Scarred me for life. In highschool I was introduced to a prescription medication called Zovirax, which works WONDERS. BUT you can't take it when you're pregnant. So on top of my ginormous gut, broken out skin and constant nausea if I don't take Zofran, my lip has now erupted into a gargantuan cluster of blisters.
So here's the secret. It's called Viroxyn. A dentist I used to work for gave me some (it's over the counter), and it's safe to use on kids and pregnant people. I ran out a long time ago, but I found it again at Walgreen's tonite, on sale for $8 (2 treatments). They have a generic brand--the name brand is like $38 for 2 treatments. If you ever get cold sores--BUY THIS NOW so you have it on hand! It works best if you use it ASAP.




1 comment:
Great tip!! Thx
Post a Comment