This is me, holding my #1 place in line at preschool enrollment,
with a very sarcastic smile on my face.
There are a number of things no one warns you about before you become a mom. Like the madness involved in signing your TODDLER up for preschool. Now I know....
I like to plan ahead, so I had done some research on the local mother's day out programs. The one that stood out is at a church near our house. Last fall, I got on their mailing list. In December, I got a pamphlet outlining the preschool programs for fall of '09. I learned that there were to be 3 phases of enrollment-the first, for church members, the second-for existing students' families, and the third-for "outsiders" like myself. I also learned that the doors were to open at 3pm on Tuesday in order for crazy moms to "take a number" and get in line. We were then supposed to remain in the building, twiddling our thumbs, until 7pm when sign-ups actually took place. I had heard thru the preschool grapevine that I should arrive early if I wanted to get the class I wanted. Meaning earlier than 3pm. Now let it be known--I HATE HATE HATE wasting time. There is nothing more infuriating to me than idle time. But dangit, there was only one spot left in the class I wanted, and I WAS GOING TO GET IT. So I took off work early, arrived at 2pm, and stood outside in sub-zero temperatures in scrub pants (because they refused to let me in the door a minute before the designated time of 3pm). There were already other moms in the parking lot waiting in their cars--I didn't want to be forced to clip someone from behind while racing to the door. Within minutes of my move, there were 8 other moms in line behind me. All I could think was how absolutely reeeeeeeeeee-diculous this was. IT'S PRESCHOOL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
Long story short--Brax starts "preschool" in September in the one-half-day-a-week program I wanted. I'm sure he'll thank me later.




1 comment:
Hey!! Congratulations on 'Not having to take anybody out!' I see you've now learned from experience, what us moms, of older children, already know....OTHER MOMS ARE FREAKIN NUTS!!! Glad your tires weren't sliced by t he time you got out!! :) j/k LOL.
Post a Comment