I like reading other people's "25 Random Things" so here is mine.
1. I have to have a fresh clean washcloth and dish towel for the kitchen sink every day.
2. I hate wearing fingernail polish, but I love a good pedicure.
3. I loved being in the hospital when I had Brax, it was fun. Except for the 2 liters of blood I lost--but the tranfusion took care of that.
4. I have eaten the same thing for breakfast, every morning, for like 7 years--a peanut butter toast sandwich, plain yogurt with Kashi crunch cereal, a banana, and berries in it, and a glass of skim milk.
5. I'm a picture nazi. I take my camera EVERYWHERE.
6. I make my bed before I get in it. Not completely, but enough to straighten out the sheets and blankets and fluff the pillows. I hate getting in a messy bed.
7. I have more BFF's now than I ever did in high school. (I really only had like 3 close friends in HS, now I have lots of "sisters!" Click HERE)
8. At any given time, you will find about 8 different skin creams/ointments/medicaments/treatments in my bathroom drawer that I use depending on the status of my skin at that precise moment. I visit my dermatologist more than my family physician. In fact, I don't have a family physician, come to think of it.
9. I put potato chips on my sandwiches and smoosh it down. I like a little crunch in each bite.
10. My inseam is 34". My mom used to have to buy me little boy's jeans because I was so tall and skinny. That was before I had a butt.
11. I could have skipped 4th grade (but didn't). That was before I sucked at math.
12. I have had blonde, red, brown, long, short, bangs, no bangs, perm, no perm....
13. I ran a marathon in 2005--26.2 miles in 4 hours 31 minutes. Now I don't think I could even run 3 miles.
14. I have a retainer glued on to my bottom teeth from when I had braces at 14.
15. I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 21 by the dentist I was working for. It took him 4 1/2 hours to get them out. The bottom ones were in the bone, and laying on their sides. He had to drill thru the bone, cut the teeth into 4 smaller pieces, and chisel them out. He used 12 carpules of anesthetic. And I was awake. Drugged, but awake. Later he told me I probably should have gone to an oral surgeon. YA THINK???
16. My husband brought it to my attention that I do this weird thing with my mouth when I write.
17. I've never really liked baseball, but I LOVE a guy in uniform. (Mike, specifically!)
18. I love love love having my forehead rubbed and my hair played with (but I can't remember the last time that's been done. hint hint husband.)
19. I have freckles in weird places--on on my thumb, one on my palm, and one on my ear.
20. I firmly believe that the Braun Oral-B Triumph is the greatest electric toothbrush EVER. Even better that I got it for free from our rep.
21. If I had to choose another career, I would have been an actress or a lawyer. (Not necessarily saying I would be great at either, but I think I'd have liked it.)
22. I was fortunate to learn at 20 years old that no amount of money can serve as a substitute for honesty and trust in a relationship. I was young and stupid enough to get engaged at 19 to someone who looked good on paper, but smart enough to know when to get out before it was too late. Although I regret wasting time trying to convince myself that I could change that person, I count my blessings that were an indirect result of the relationship: finding my career path, moving to Tulsa, and meeting Mike and many of my best friends there.
23. I was craving radishes dipped in salt today.
24. If we have a girl, her name will be Harper. Boy--Carter.
25. It was really hard for me to think of 25 random things that I thought would be even remotely interesting to someone else.




3 comments:
OK, I stumbled across this blog while catching up on Miss Harperon Kelly's Korner!
Too funny that I, too still have a retainer glued to my bottom teeth. I am now 31 and this was placed their when I was about 13! And, I have a baby son named Carter! My husband is a rep for Dentsply...you might be familiar with their cavitrons, prophy pastes, or handpieces! Funny to stumble across your blog! Take Care!
Oh, thanks!! I am no pro at all! I will tell you, it is all in the camera. I have a Nikon D40. Its super fast (i was tired of missing the great shots with my "point & shoot) and pretty compact for an SLR. I love it. Also, I use picasa which is free thru goggle for editing. To get the "blurred" background, I set the camera to portrait which brings out the subject. OK, now Im rambling!! My email is bcrannell@hotmail.com if you want to know more!! LOl!
PS-Your family is precious. And, congrats on having another on the way!!
I thought I was the only one who liked chips on my sandwiches!!!
Post a Comment