Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Kite Festival

This morning I took the kids to the "Flights of Fancy" Kite Festival. It could not have been more perfect weather--mid 60's, sunny, and enough wind to keep the kites going! It was quite a sight to see me carting 2 folding chairs (Brax had to have his!), the little cooler bag for our picnic, the jumbo diaper bag and two kids in the double stroller across the hilly green belt area they were having it at. I must have looked like I needed help, because I got it twice from strangers without asking! However, once we got settled, we had a great time. It was actually pretty cool to see the ginormous kites they had hoisted in the air. The Kite Club of KC had some going that were 3 stories tall, and then individuals could bring their own as well so the sky was covered!


1 comment:

LilRedJo said...

Looks like fun. Great photos too