9 WEEKS

13 Lbs
23.5 Inches
Size 1-2 diaper, 3-6 Month clothes
(just about to start pulling out the 6 month summer stuff...
the outfit she has on in the 12 week pic is 6 months!!)
This has been a fun month. Harper has really started smiling and "talking!" She especially responds to daddy's voice. She eats about 4 oz, every 3 hours during the day. At night she typically only gets up once. The day she turned 11 weeks old, she went to bed at 9:00 after eating, and didn't wake to eat again till 5am! (I actually kind of like our late-night feeding... I learned from Brax that that phase ends faster than you realize, and then you miss it when it's gone! So I appreciate our snuggle time while the rest of the world is fast asleep.) She has established a pretty predictable eating/sleeping routine, especially on days that I work. I do think she nurses more thru the day when I'm home than when she has bottles when I'm gone.
Tuesday-Thursdays (my workdays) resemble something like this:
6am-nurse with Mommy, back to sleep till 9ish.
9-eat (bottles thru the day when I work Tues-Thurs)
10-11:30 nap
11:30-eat
12:30-2:30-nap
2:30-eat
3:30-4:30-nap
4:30-eat
6:00-nurse with Mommy
6:30-bathtime, while Daddy and Brax play
7:00-snuggle with Daddy while Mommy bathes and puts Brax to bed
8:30-nurse, then bedtime
2 or 3am-nurse
She usually falls asleep easily in her crib and sleeps hard during her naps, but at night time, she is a little restless when we are putting her to bed. A couple times she has managed to land herself in bed with Mommy (who also goes to bed at 9:00!!), where she quickly calms down and falls asleep, then Daddy puts her in her crib when he comes to bed.
She has had a few weeks where she goes a day or so without pooping, which makes for an uncomfortable little girl, but she still never really cries much. She is easy to please-loves to snuggle or sit in her bouncy, or lay on her playmat. She's not a huge fan of tummy time, though. She would rather have you hold her sitting up on your lap so she can look around. She will turn her head from side to side while she sits on my lap, just taking it all in. She seems to really love looking around her room.
Harper loves her bath... now she will kick her little legs like crazy and splash. She also likes batting at her toys when she lays on her playmat.
The BIG milestone for the month was that she rolled over from her tummy to her back (11 weeks/5 days). She was just laying on her playmat and flipped herself over!
I have also had so much fun putting all her headbands and bows on, and painting her tiny toenails! (Her feet always look better than mine!!) Her beautiful, long, dark baby hair is starting to "shed." I'm anxious to see if it grows back in super-blonde like Brax's did, or if she remains a brunette...
23.5 Inches
Size 1-2 diaper, 3-6 Month clothes
(just about to start pulling out the 6 month summer stuff...
the outfit she has on in the 12 week pic is 6 months!!)
This has been a fun month. Harper has really started smiling and "talking!" She especially responds to daddy's voice. She eats about 4 oz, every 3 hours during the day. At night she typically only gets up once. The day she turned 11 weeks old, she went to bed at 9:00 after eating, and didn't wake to eat again till 5am! (I actually kind of like our late-night feeding... I learned from Brax that that phase ends faster than you realize, and then you miss it when it's gone! So I appreciate our snuggle time while the rest of the world is fast asleep.) She has established a pretty predictable eating/sleeping routine, especially on days that I work. I do think she nurses more thru the day when I'm home than when she has bottles when I'm gone.
Tuesday-Thursdays (my workdays) resemble something like this:
6am-nurse with Mommy, back to sleep till 9ish.
9-eat (bottles thru the day when I work Tues-Thurs)
10-11:30 nap
11:30-eat
12:30-2:30-nap
2:30-eat
3:30-4:30-nap
4:30-eat
6:00-nurse with Mommy
6:30-bathtime, while Daddy and Brax play
7:00-snuggle with Daddy while Mommy bathes and puts Brax to bed
8:30-nurse, then bedtime
2 or 3am-nurse
She usually falls asleep easily in her crib and sleeps hard during her naps, but at night time, she is a little restless when we are putting her to bed. A couple times she has managed to land herself in bed with Mommy (who also goes to bed at 9:00!!), where she quickly calms down and falls asleep, then Daddy puts her in her crib when he comes to bed.
She has had a few weeks where she goes a day or so without pooping, which makes for an uncomfortable little girl, but she still never really cries much. She is easy to please-loves to snuggle or sit in her bouncy, or lay on her playmat. She's not a huge fan of tummy time, though. She would rather have you hold her sitting up on your lap so she can look around. She will turn her head from side to side while she sits on my lap, just taking it all in. She seems to really love looking around her room.
Harper loves her bath... now she will kick her little legs like crazy and splash. She also likes batting at her toys when she lays on her playmat.
The BIG milestone for the month was that she rolled over from her tummy to her back (11 weeks/5 days). She was just laying on her playmat and flipped herself over!
I have also had so much fun putting all her headbands and bows on, and painting her tiny toenails! (Her feet always look better than mine!!) Her beautiful, long, dark baby hair is starting to "shed." I'm anxious to see if it grows back in super-blonde like Brax's did, or if she remains a brunette...





No comments:
Post a Comment