Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

2 Yr/9 Mo Stats

HEIGHT/WEIGHT/:
39 1/4 inches (he's grown over an inch since January!), 31.2 Lbs (still a lightweight!)

NEW TRICKS:
  • Opens doors (can turn the door knob, I mean)
  • Golfing! (Daddy is SOOOOO happy!)
  • Will take his dirty dishes to the sink if I remind him (I want to make this a habit, but I forget! I refuse to raise a son that just leaves dirty dishes around for his wife to pick up!)
  • Puts his clothes in the hamper (Again, you're welcome future wife.)
  • Helps me empty the trashcans around the house-he will hold the big trash sack as I dump them in, then he drags it down the stairs and sets it by the door. Such a big helper!
  • His imagination is taking off. He makes his toys talk, and pretends that toys are other things than what they really are (like a car will fly like a plane, etc.)

FAVORITE FOODS:
Tried (and loved) tiliapia and salmon, and oranges; loves asparagus (but it turns his wet diapers into stink bombs!); he'll eat TWO packages of instant oatmeal AND an adult sized container of yogurt for breakfast, LOVES chocolate milk (milk with Carnation Instant Breakfast in it--somewhat healthy, right?).

FAVORITE BOOKS:
Thomas the Train "Early Readers." We got a book that has a collection of 6 Thomas stories in it at Sam's, and he would seriously have me read the whole thing over and over every night if I'd do it.

FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
Riding his big boy bike (he can pedal like a champ now!), playing with his little toy motorcycle/trucks/cars, hitting golf balls, drawing with sidewalk chalk (especially after pouring water on the concrete-it makes a bright, chalky paste that's SO fun to rub all over your hands!)

DAILY ROUTINE:
Up around 7:30, nap around 1:30, to bed around 8:30. There have been a few days this month that he hasn't fallen asleep during nap, but instead sings and talks to himself and his moose, whale and cars that are in bed with him! I don't care if he doesn't fall asleep, but we will continue to have daily "rest time" for awhile. Maybe more for me than him.... HA!

FAVORITE SONGS:
He's been coming home from school singing new songs... like "I'm squishing up my baby bumblebee... Won't my mommy be so proud of me... OUCH-he stung me!!"
It's really cute to hear him sing "Jesus Loves Me."

DISLIKES:
Waking up, usually. Changing his diaper (way too busy for that.)

POTTY TRAINING STATUS:
Because I went back to work and our new nanny started this month, I put potty training on the back burner. However, every now and then Brax will feel like peeing in the potty and he'll do it (I'd say he's done that all of 5 times this month), but other than that, we haven't really done much in the way of making progress! Towards the end of the month, he moved up to a new classroom with 3 and 4 year olds at his Montessori preschool, and the teacher encouraged us to send him in Pull-Ups for a week or two and then try sending him in underwear. She said it typically only takes a couple of accidents at school (which she doesn't mind dealing with) to prompt kids to pee in the potty. So we'll see how next month goes...

MOMENTS I DON'T WANT TO FORGET/BRAXISMS:
  • We were at my grandma's house, and my cousin's little boy was there (he's almost 2). Brax moved in to give Ethan a big hug, and Ethan pushed him away (he has a big sister who I'm sure has conditioned him to be on the defense!!!) Brax shook his finger in Ethan's face and said, "Don't push!" and then forced another hug on him!
  • At the park one day, another kid took one of his precious sticks (he collects sticks WHEREVER we go!) He put his hand out in true Dora fashion and exclaimed, "SWIPER, NO SWIPING!!"
  • I forget what he was showing me, but he asked, "Can you imagine what's this?" [what this is]
  • Sitting on the potty, waiting for pee to come. He laughed and said, "I'm gonna shoot my pee pee at you!"
  • I forget what I said, but he responded, "You are certainly right."
  • "This is a competition."
  • "I'm curious."
  • We are working on him waking up with a smile and a "happy attitude" instead of a hateful yell. He has been getting better--when he IS in a good mood upon waking, he will exclaim, "I HAVE A HAPPY ATTITUDE!!!"
  • One day he figured out how to attach some trains that have hooks on them. He was so proud of himself-"I'm a big boy! I did it all by myself!"
  • When I tuck him in, I tell him how special he is. One night he added, "And I'm funny."
  • He likes me to make his food "talk." When he says he doesn't want to eat any more, I will pretend like his food is talking in a funny voice saying, "Oh, please eat me too, Brax! I really want to be in your tummy with my food friends! Please pick me with your fork!" Sometimes the bites even fight to be the next bite in his mouth... It always gets him to clean his plate! (Even though I sound like a dork.)
  • Early one morning while I was getting ready I noticed him stirring in bed on the monitor. I watched as he reached over and got a Kleenex from his nitestand, wiped his own little nose, layed the tissue back on the nitestand and then went back to sleep. This really isn't big exciting news, but I couldn't help but think about how big and independent he is getting. He doesn't need me to wipe his nose for him anymore!!!
  • I also noticed one day as we were snuggling on the couch watching cartoons that his little hand has outgrown my palm. Before I know it, his hand will be bigger than mine altogether!

No comments: