Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Here we go again...


Yep. That's right! I'm pregnant again.

I can't remember if I posted the sequence of events after my miscarriage.... That they told me to wait a couple of months, then they gave me a round of Provera (progesterone) to induce a period (because I NEVER have them on my own) and said I could take Clomid to induce ovulation.... I did the progesterone, but decided to hold off on the Clomid and give God a chance to "do his thang" without my assistance. Sure enough, He proved Himself faithful once again. Exactly 3 months after the miscarriage, I am prego again. I'm only about 3 weeks, so I don't go in to the doctor for another month. At that time, I'll have an ultrasound as well as blood work to monitor my hormone levels. I went in yesterday to check them, and both my progesterone and hCG levels were good (53 and 256, respectively.) My doc went ahead and put me on Prometrium (a stronger progesterone supplement) to help thicken the uterine lining and sustain the early pregnancy. I will take this for at least another month, if not two. For now, I just sit back and work on growing a baby.

I thought I'd be more worried this time around. But I'm not (yet?). I am at peace with whatever cards God deals me. I figure, I survived one miscarriage, I could survive another. (But I pray that I don't have to! Hopefully God doesn't over-estimate me.)

You may not be surprised to hear that my mind is reeling with lists of lists I need to make of things to get done over the summer (mostly FUN things!), and in the next 9 months.... so I may back off the blogging a little. I still have some pics from our Cali trip to post... it may be a few days, tho! I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats, right??????

Please please pray for another healthy Hill baby.... boy or girl, I don't care one bit!

7 comments:

Josh and Jen said...

God is so good!! I have been praying for this to happen!! I am already praying for Baby Hill! Can't wait!
Love you!
Jen

Nancy said...

Congratulations!!!! I pray for you that this one is healthy all the way.
I love seeing your blogs, pictures. I've never gotten to see Brax, but feel I get to at least see a glimpse into his little personality.

Cousin Nancy from Spring, Texas

LilRedJo said...

YaaaaaaaaY!!:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Val. Praying for Baby Hill and all of you.

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

Wow!! So exciting!! I will be praying and this could mean babies for us close together, yea!

The Schmitt Family said...

Yeah! We are so happy for you and your family. We will be praying for you and the newest 'lil Hill. I have been thinking about Brax, how is his ear??

bargefamily3 said...

That is great, congratulations Val! I'll be praying for a safe, healthy pregnancy and God's hand in making sure that all is good!
Janelle :)