Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 28, 2009

23 Month Stats

HEIGHT/WEIGHT/TOOTH COUNT: About 37 inches, 27 lbs, STILL only 12 teeth.

PERSONALITY: Very in-tune to what is going on around him, and reactive to how others are feeling/acting. For example, when he notices someone is sad, he gets concerned. If everyone is laughing, he joins in (even tho the topic is obviously above his head). If he "hurts" me, he immediately feels bad and cries. (He has been hitting lately--he thinks it's "all in good fun," but is quickly learning that it's a NO NO even if HE thinks he's just playing.) He is enjoying playing with other kids so much that I am wishing we could get him into his preschool more than just one 1/2 day a week in the fall...

VOCABULARY: Too many words to list now. Some of the cutest and most frequently used are "UH-oh" and "OHHHH-kay" with a huge emphasis on the UH and the OH. It cracks me up. Other favorite words are "car wash" and "take a shower." He is sort of learning his abc's... he gets to a,b, then just starts humming. He adds -ing to verbs, and knows singular vs. plural. Correctly uses many adjectives. Says "I do it," or "YOU do it," "see you later," "'nother one," and "ta-DA!!!"

NEW TRICKS: Easily walks down stairs w/out holding on to anything. Identifies squares, triangles, circles, hearts and stars. Knows the colors orange, blue and red. Cooperates when I brush his teeth. Opens Band-Aids. Can take off his own shorts. Tells us when he's about to poop (but doesn't care if it's in his pants and has NO desire to use the potty yet.) Pretty good at cleaning up his toys. Fully understands the concept and procedure of Time Out, and it works!!!! (so far)
Correctly puts puzzles together. Pretends to be asleep-lays his head down, half way closes his eyes and makes snoring noises. Hilarious. Puts the lids on his markers when he's done, and puts the lid on the end as he uses them.

NEW FAVORITE FOODS: Cantelope, watermelon, quesadillas, turkey and cheese sandwiches, South Beach cinnamon raison granola bars, Sonic ice, sausage and cheese breakfast muffins.

FAVORITE PEOPLE: Mommy mostly. Breaks out in the mommy song every now and then--repeatedly saying "mommy" over and over in different notes. So cute!

FAVORITE BOOKS: Loves trains. Kept asking for us to read "The Little Engine That Could" so I got several other train books from the library.

FAVORITE TOYS: His spray bottle with water in it. Also fond of my hair brush and the lint roller.

FAVORITE ACTIVITIES: Playing outside, playing with other kids.

DAILY ROUTINE: Up at 6:30, breakfast then. Snack at 9:30, lunch at 12. Nap 12:30-2ish. Dinner at 6. Bath at 7, then books and to bed by 7:45-8.

FAVORITE SONGS: Anything... he will request that I turn on songs (Itunes on our computer-he has his own playlist!) just so he can hum and dance.

DISLIKES: Being told "no" when he has his mind set on something. (Kind of like his Momma.)

FUNNY THINGS HE SAID/DID: One time he dropped a Goldfish on the ground, and when he tried to eat it I told him to leave it there, the birds would get it. Ever since then, anytime he drops food (or spits it out) whether we're indoors or out, he says, "Birds get it."

MOMENTS I DON'T DO WANT TO FORGET: Brax's first trip to the ER when he fell in the garage and was bleeding out of his eardrum.

No comments: