I took the train to San Fransisco Friday to visit my long time friend, Vanessa. She and I met when we were 8 years old at the YMCA day camp I went to when I came out to visit for a couple months in the summer. From day one, we have been as different as nite and day. Vanessa is wild and crazy (in a fun way!), adventerous, spontaneous, and hilarious. I am not. In high school, I was "preppy" and she was a "skater." But we saw each other every summer, and never missed a beat! Thru our college years, we lost touch. Then one day a few years ago, Vanessa called me out of the blue! My dad had kept the same phone number all those years (even though they moved like 4 times) and she remembered it! She called him and got my info. So here we are, just like old times. She's still wild, crazy, fun, adventerous, spontaneous and hilarious, and I'm still not! But dang we have a good time together!
We putted around San Fran, I got to see where she lives (a place right across the street from Ocean Beach) and works (in a multi-million dollar home where she is a "domestic assistant"--I have decided that I need one of those), her gym (where the guys aren't there to check out the girls, if you know what I mean), and the dog park she goes to every day (amazing, btw!).
We also met her mom for lunch at a phenomenol Cuban tapas restaurant. We stopped in a few shops, and then I had to head back to catch the train.



At the dog park along the beach.


Brax had a fun day with Yaya, too!
More pics to come-gotta get the pics off the other cameras.
No comments:
Post a Comment