Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Trip to Tulsa--Day One

We made our first trip back to Tulsa since Brax's dedication when he was just 8 weeks old.

Traveling with a baby=Anxiety for me, so we don't do it very often. But I was feeling brave so Brax and I joined Mike in Tulsa for his baseball alumni stuff at ORU.
I was missing my girlfriends!!!

Here is B, all packed up, in his jammies, ready to go. We left Thursday nite at about 7, he was asleep by 8, we got in at 10:30.


The first nite was a little rough, Brax slept ok in bed with us, but I kept waking up with feet/knees/elbows in my face.
Here is Brax having breakfast with sweet Annabelle. AB is such an amazing kid! I seriously was taking mental notes on parenting while we were with Jen and Kev all weekend. They were gracious enough to put us up in the apartment off their house for 3 days, AND cook us gourmet food... it's seriously like a bed and breakfast around there.


Here B and I are with an old co-worker and good friend of mine, and her daughter. We had breakfast at BBD (a Tulsa classic). Mike enjoyed his oatmeal and omelet in the car--I can't take him out in public. Oh I'm kidding... Brax had fallen asleep on the way there (it was morning nap time) so Mike stayed in the car with him in the parking lot at BBD so I could go in and visit with my friend over breakfast. I just pretended like I was a Sonic car-hop and took him his food. Brax slept for an hour out there! He woke up just in time to come in and say good-bye.

After that, we went by my old office. Here is B sitting in the chair I used to work out of. I cleaned many teeth in the mouths of crying children here in this chair!


After B's 2nd nap, we headed over to our friends', Jason and Kizzy. They were our old neighbors, she's the one I ran the marathon with. Here is Brax with Everett and Wyatt. As you can see, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get 3 boys to all sit still and say "cheese" at once. But being the bloggers we are, Kizzy and I tried desperately to get at least one good shot...
"Look here, boys..."

"Everett, you look here too!"

"HERE! Look HERE boys!"

Brax had his mouth full of goldfish.

"Everett, come back!"

"Brax, get back here!"

"Sit down, Ev."

"Sit down, Brax. Wyatt, get back there!"

"AAAAAAAAGGGGGHHH! Start over."

"Back over there, Brax."
This was as good as it was gonna get.

No comments: