Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Traditions

Before I was even pregnant, I began thinking about holiday traditions that I wanted to start when we had kids. I bought this advent calendar, with much anticipation of filling it with little notes, candies, and trinkets for our little ones as we count down the days until Jesus' B-Day. The first year I had it I put a note in each box for Mike, telling him 25 reasons why I love him so much (since he doesn't eat candy and he's a little old for Matchbox cars, that was the best I could do... Maybe I should fill it with golf balls.)



Anyway, I've got a couple of other ideas... but I want to hear yours. If you're bored (and I know you are, or you wouldn't be reading this right now), then comment on this post and tell me YOUR family traditions for the holidays!! I LOVE traditions! I LOVE nostalgia! I LOVE anything that makes me go "aaawwww, that's so GREAT!" Let's hear it...

P.S. If you don't know how to leave a comment:

See where it says "COMMENTS" right below this? Right after where it says "Posted by Mike, Val and Brax at whatever time." Just click on "comments", type your stuff, then you can sign in as anonymous user. Put your name in your comment tho so I know who you are!

3 comments:

Josh and Jen said...

Ok, so not a very big deal! But, I will have a pair of Christmas pajamas for Delanie to open on Christmas Eve and hope to continue this tradition for years to come! Of course she will then wear them! At my Mom and Dad's we always let "Mason" tell the Christmas story with a nativity set. It is quite entertaining!
Have a great rest of the day!

LilRedJo said...

No biggie, but here's ours.
1. Children set up the tree all by themselves.
2. Bake and decorate cookies for Santa.
3. Open 1 gift on Christmas Eve. (which is always PJ's that they can wear that night!)
4. Read 'The Night Before Christmas' on Christmas Eve.
5. Christmas morning: check stockings for Santa's gifts. Then Dad, reads the Christmas story from the Bible. (After that, we open gifts)
6. Homemade Monkey Bread for Christmas morning breakfast.
Hope this isn't too long.:)
kim j.

LilRedJo said...

oops, forgot one...when they open the PJ's, we've started adding a looong book to the gift. This way, they will have comfy pj's and a new book to help them go to sleep, on this exciting night!:)