Post-primer.
Mmmmm!! Cornbread! And a fire hydrant.
This project was sponsored in part by Mighty Putty--that annoying guy that yells in EVERY commercial he does just might be onto something!! I tried drilling into concrete (yes, Dad, I bought a concrete bit) but that was taking waaaaayyy to long for me. This weird stuff really works! It's the ONLY way to hang stuff on concrete!!
Billy Mays gives his approval.
And here you have it...
Baby gate, Little Tikes slide, puppet theater, Little Tikes toybox, even the carpet (and pad)---Craigslist. Some guy who does hotel remodels was selling the unused carpet remnants and pad from his jobs! What a deal! I even taped the seams myself!!! (Okay, I had help laying it tho--Gotta love being buds with a real life Mr. Handyman.)
All the toys you see here were littering my living room and computer room floors.
Now they all have a HOME!
The shelves you see here were my "splurge." They were custom built by Aunt LuLu's husband, in just a few hours!!! This would have been impossible to do on my own, and they turned out even better than I had imagined!
Play rug, kids' sized bookshelf--Craigslist! And my Aunt Kathi (the Queen of garage-saling) found the felt educational poster I've been looking ALL OVER for!!!!!!!!! Yay!
I did buy this valance brand new... It was the least I could do for now to spruce up of our lovely view of the window well with a dead rabbit carcass in it. Seriously, skull and all. I guess little boys like that kind of stuff, right?
Click the link to see my plan for it (that's my project for next spring):
http://www.scenicwindowwells.com/view2.htm
For now I'm just thinking about throwing in a garden gnome or two. Maybe a flamingo.
Tunnel maze--birthday gift.
Mattress/pillows--had it in the basement anyway, made it a "couch."
Little Tikes rocking horse--CL. Kids' table--hand me down from our cousins.
And do you see the "fire hydrant" with water shooting out of it over there? I had to disguise the water pipes!
Now THIS is my favorite part--the Christmas lights I painstakingly hung to de-uglify the joists. I took this picture midway thru the installation, hence the extension cord hanging down. I wanted to make sure they were working...
Apparently you aren't supposed to string 6 strands together... something about an "overload..." This is a work in progress, as I have now burned out two fuses...
Clark Griswald made it look SO easy.
Here are the boys, enjoying the fruits of my labor.
I think Mike looks "pleasantly surprised," don't you???




3 comments:
It is awesome! Great work....the yellow is perfect and I am very impressed with all of your Craigslist finds!! You may have to help me with a playroom one of these days!
Holy Crap...you did it and its awesome!!! Just when I think you are manic, you move me in such a way. I love val ITS PERFECT, just like you wished!
I love the playroom. Brax may not even notice he's not going outside! This room is fantastic! I thought you said ghetto finish the place, but I knew that it would be more than great! Kuddos for creativity:)
Post a Comment