Quote

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 10, 2008

TGIF

Brax and I had a really fun Friday today...
And yes, my camera is ALWAYS with me!

We dropped by the library this morning--Brax's first visit!

He seemed to enjoy the other children there, as well as the toys.
I, on the other hand, had a more embarrassing experience. As we were driving out of the parking lot some lady in a mini-van honked at me. I figured it was just some frazzled JoCo mom who didn't get her morning fix of Starbucks. Then, as I turned the corner onto the busy 4-lane street in front of the library, I heard several thumps and watched in my rear-view mirror as our books spilled off the roof of my car and all over the road. Well, you can bet I wasn't about to pay for all those road-kill board books-I had to retrieve them. I pulled over and jumped out of the car, stopping traffic as I retraced our path. Fortunately, only one book was actually run over. Nothing a little Scotch tape didn't fix.



After lunch and a nap (only ONE today!!! Yay!
He slept till 8am so we skipped the morning snooze), we ventured to the regional airport near our house. Brax has recently begun to notice airplanes and gets pretty excited when he sees one. I thought he might enjoy this little [free] fieldtrip.

"Are we going or what?"

"Hey, wait!"

"Wait for me, I said!"

"Aaagggh! I missed my flight!!!!!!!"

"Looks like we'll be on standby for the next one outta' here."

Rocks are fun too.




Just thought this was a cool picture of the reflections.



Back home...
He loves manuevering over the bar seats.
"Got it!"
He kept pulling the two chairs together around him, making a little "cage."

Of course he took the hard way out, instead of just pushing the chairs apart!
Daddy's home!!!



I took these earlier in the week... Fall has officially arrived!



So intrigued...
Look at those Jack-O-Lantern teeth!

I love this little cammo outfit--Thanks Tracy!!!




It's so weird to see Brax with a neck. For so long, he just had that ginormous baby head sitting directly on his shoulders. Now he has a real neck.
Yet another indication that my baby is not a baby anymore.


Another great hand-me-down from Tracy! Brax's new winter coat (with the tags still!!) and a matching pair of snow bibbers (I didn't force him to try those on yet.)

No comments: