I know one day (a long, long time from now), I will look back on this day and chuckle. I want to remember it, in all it's chaotic, frustrating glory.
By mid-afternoon, I had:
Fed both kids (Brax twice, Harper 5x)
Wrangled Brax to brush his teeth and dress him
Changed 3 poops... I lost count of wet diapers...
Gave Brax his breathing treatment
Cleaned both kids' humidifiers with bleach (I do this on the first of every month)
Did 5 loads of laundry
Emptied the trash cans thru the house
Emptied the dishwasher
Finished unpacking from our trip
Put together play mat for Harper
Sterilized breast pump parts/bottles/nipples so I can start pumping and easing Harper into the bottle this week
Bathed Harper while Brax napped (a short one hour window of time!)
Wrote thank you notes for baby gifts
Here is Brax "helping" me with the bottles and pump accessories.

I did force myself to stop and snuggle and watch cartoons with Brax on the couch after he woke up from his nap... We then spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing and playing. Brax loved it when I put Harper in her swing to "watch" him play trains.
Mike was still in Florida golfing until Tuesday nite, so I was on my own for the evening as well.
I had Brax bathed and in bed by 7:45, I showered while Harper hung out in her bouncy. She ate at 8:30 while we watched House Hunters together, then I was in bed by 9:15! Bless her heart, she didn't wake up to eat again until 2:15 am!!!
All my girlfriends keep telling me this gets easier every day...




1 comment:
LOL!! I LOVE the pics of Brax helping with the bottles!
Post a Comment