NEW TRICKS:
FAVORITE FOODS:
Tried (and liked) edamame and Jell-O for the first time this month. Decided that he DOES NOT like yogurt with fruit on the bottom anymore (the Yo-Baby kind he has eaten since he was like 6 months old!) but instead prefers and LOVES plain vanilla yogurt!
FAVORITE BOOKS:
Loves his Cars and Thomas books still. Has them completely memorized. Also still requests the Jesus Storybook Bible alot, and will have conversation about the stories. This is a great book-it basically sums up the Bible in very short, kid-friendly form.
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
Anything Cars or Thomas, riding his bike.
DAILY ROUTINE:
Up 7-7:45, school from 8:30-12:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, nap at 1:00, bed at 8.
Next month (when I return to work Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, Brax will go to school on Wednesdays as well.)
FAVORITE SONGS:
Oh Happy Day, Aiken Drum.
DISLIKES:
Time-out.
MOMENTS I DO WANT TO FORGET (and I'm glad Brax won't remember either):
My first few days home alone with both kids. I tried to do WAY too much, was VERY tired, and VERY impatient. Not my proudest moments. Makes me sad to think about how frustrated I would get with Brax when he was acting like a typical 2 year old. However, within about a week we got into a routine, I relaxed a bit, and Brax's behavior improved as he adjusted to this new normal.
- Pedals on his new big boy bike
- Can briefly balance on one leg
- Willingly and successfully feeds himself
- Let me polish his teeth when we visited my office this month.
- Can eat with chopsticks (the kind they band together at the restaurant)
FAVORITE FOODS:
Tried (and liked) edamame and Jell-O for the first time this month. Decided that he DOES NOT like yogurt with fruit on the bottom anymore (the Yo-Baby kind he has eaten since he was like 6 months old!) but instead prefers and LOVES plain vanilla yogurt!
FAVORITE BOOKS:
Loves his Cars and Thomas books still. Has them completely memorized. Also still requests the Jesus Storybook Bible alot, and will have conversation about the stories. This is a great book-it basically sums up the Bible in very short, kid-friendly form.
FAVORITE TOYS/ACTIVITIES:
Anything Cars or Thomas, riding his bike.
DAILY ROUTINE:
Up 7-7:45, school from 8:30-12:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, nap at 1:00, bed at 8.
Next month (when I return to work Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, Brax will go to school on Wednesdays as well.)
FAVORITE SONGS:
Oh Happy Day, Aiken Drum.
DISLIKES:
Time-out.
MOMENTS I DO WANT TO FORGET (and I'm glad Brax won't remember either):
My first few days home alone with both kids. I tried to do WAY too much, was VERY tired, and VERY impatient. Not my proudest moments. Makes me sad to think about how frustrated I would get with Brax when he was acting like a typical 2 year old. However, within about a week we got into a routine, I relaxed a bit, and Brax's behavior improved as he adjusted to this new normal.
BRAXISMS:
- I was pushing him on the swing, talking to Mike at the same time. Brax says, "Don't just smile at me, push faster!"
- When we went outside after it rained over night, Brax saw all the worms all over the driveway and exclaimed, "Look at all the little snakes, Mommy!!!"
- One morning when I put product in his hair, he felt his hair and said, "Mommy, why did you put oatmeal in my hair??!!!"
- Pronounces "forgot" as "free-got". Pronounces "open" and "oval" as "ooopen" and "oooval" like the sound O makes in "move."
- When I went in to get him one morning, he said, "I was just thinking about Hiro [a train] and cupcakes."




No comments:
Post a Comment